Accelerate Stop / Accelerate Go

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Richie

Is accelerate stop and/or accelerate go distance required for ALL Part 135 and Part 121 revenue flights?

135.398 — Commuter category performance and 135.399 — Small nontransport category performance seem a bit vague on this issue.

Thanks

In the 121 ops that I have seen, that problem is solved one of two ways.

Some companies (like Delta) have their runway data on their final paperwork that is generated by the company and printed off the computer when loading is done. It shows the runways that are available for takeoff at that airport, and at what weight and flap settings.

At other companies (like ASA) we have a book called the Runway Analysis. It has info for the airports we serve and the alternates that we can also use. The charts in there do essentially the same thing, telling us what runways we can use at what flap setting, weight and temp. In addition, we also have limiting weights for second segment climb in the event of an engine failure. The charts also are used to find max and reduced takeoff torque/N1 settings. These books also have landing limits.

So, yes, we comply with Acc Stop/Go for all operations.

Richie,

It's been over 5 years since I have flown 135, but I vaguely remember a conversation I had with our POI about this subject. If a small turbine aircraft (ie King Air 90) needed to comply with ACC/Stop, ACC/Go while flying 135. We decided that it is NOT needed by 135 regs, but if you were to have a problem on takeoff you would be a prime candidate for a careless or reckless violation.

Jets would never have this problem since the flight manual does not list ACC/Stop or ACC/Go distances. The only number in jet flight manuals is Takeoff Distance Required, and this number is the largest of Runway required, Acc/Stop, or Acc/ Go.

Latest resources

Back