ACA's Policy on hiring Furloughed Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DO328-JET FO

"Atlantic Coast Airlines is currently in a very active hiring mode and is pleased to be able to recruit quality pilots from all sectors of the aviation community. Included among the many applications received by our company, Atlantic Coast Airlines has had the opportunity to interview and hire pilots who are currently on furlough from other airlines. It is the policy of Atlantic Coast Airlines to ask each furloughed pilot who is recommended for hire to commit to three-years of employment as an ACA pilot. ACA is not requesting that pilots resign their seniority number with their former airline. This three-year commitment is verbal and is based on the professional integrity of the pilots we hire. When asked this question, pilots often ask about their options should their former employer recall them. ACA suggests that these pilots consider requesting a Leave of Absence in order to fulfill their obligation to ACA. Atlantic Coast Airlines is proud of its ability to provide opportunities to a broad spectrum of pilots during these difficult times for the aviation industry, including those who come to us with previous experience as professional airline pilots."

DO328-JET FO:

Could you please state or show a source for your quote? I'd like to share it with my furloughed brethren.

It came off our pilot Web site in the Chief Pilot's notes today, 11/20/2002.

What you are reading came from the guy who looks at all the resumes and does the interviewing.

It is legit.

Hope it helps,

328 FO

328:

Thanks. Sounds like you're talking about Shawn. I'm in the pool and he did ask me on two different occasions if I'd be willing to resign seniority but of course that's different than actually producing a letter a to sign.

Latest resources

Back