Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JI Gone OH

Scope is NOT for Sale
What is the lastest about the possibilty of ACA losing the Boston Base? I keep hearing it more and more frequently.

Funny you ask...
The CP just released something saying there are no plans to close it (wording may have been different).

TOGA to 10

RJ

The BOS CP's words were:

"There are no CURRENT plans to close BOS. " He also reiterated that ACA plays an important part of DAL's feed there w/them building the new A concourse, ya da ya da.

However, some may remember this same thing being said in LGA only months before LGA closed.

Perssonally, I think we'll be there for a while yet.

JI Gone OH said:
What is the lastest about the possibilty of ACA losing the Boston Base? I keep hearing it more and more frequently.
We had an ACA CA on the jumpseat day before yesterday from CVG to ORD. He told us that there are about 30 DOHJETS in BOS now with the possibility that 20 of them would be coming to CVG or elsewhere within the ACA system. If not closing, it sounds like a scaling back of presence in BOS.

I don't think there are 30 dojets in BOS. We only have 30 flying on the DAL side (well, 31 if you include JetBlue Express), and CVG is a larger base than BOS.

If this is any help. We have 33 Dorniers: 401 - 430 in a Delta Connection paint scheme, 451 & 452 are charter birds that look like they are a dark blue version of the Starsky and Hutch car, and 500 which is known as the "Jet Blue Feeder" for its 3 colors of light blue. CVG has 62 hard lines and 88 F.O.'s, BOS has 44 hard lines and 76 F.O.'s. Looking at the routes, I would guess that when we closed LGA a few months ago, we transferred most of the aircraft to Cincy so figure 20 birds for CVG, 10 for BOS, and the 3 charter birds filling in as spares.

46Driver said:
... and 500 which is known as the "Jet Blue Feeder" for its 3 colors of light blue.

Dont forget the vertical stab leading edge in Delta colors transplanted from ship 401. Love Them boots!

Here's a picture of JbX with the DAL tail on it...

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=15077

If you notice, it has the new DAL paintjob on the tail there. If you go look at the airplane that the tail belongs to, it doesn't have the JB tail, it has a "Ron Allen" tail on it. The Ron Allen plane has the JB tail..

A couple weeks ago, I saw all three airplanes parked next to eachother with one another's tails swapped around. I wanted to take a picture, but alas, no camera.

Actually I wanted a screw driver and a ladder so I could swap them myself... looks like crap.

Last edited:
PSA has a 328 flyin around with a nosecone from an Air Wisky 328. its like a ghost from the failed merger

Latest resources

Back