Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Herkdvr

C-130 Pilot
Anyone know where to begin looking for Liason officer jobs concerning ROTC and the Academy?

Thanks.

Well I would go to the AFPC (or maybe it is ARPC) web site - they have job openings for reservists listed. Or call ARPC!

Herk Boy, try this if you want a start. I am in Arizona so this is where I started. Got this in .2 seconds with a search on the web.

http://www.azalo.com/index.html

I looked into it and was on my way to starting the job, but had been out of the force for over 3 years, not working another Reserve job, and the process to get back in was too much for me to put up with, and I'm a Grad. If your not in Arizona, the website should still point you in the right direction to start. Good luck.

I know of a couple of guys doing this as Reservists but only for points towards retirement. They do get an occasional pay day but not many.

Herkdvr said:
Anyone know where to begin looking for Liason officer jobs concerning ROTC and the Academy?

Thanks.
You could try the local Reserve recruiter.

There are two main CAT E Reserve jobs. ALO Academy Liaison and CAPRAP Civil Air Patrol Reserve Assistance Program. I did CAPRAP for 12 years. Very flexible.

If you want a paid position and work only 24 days per year, look into IMA(individual mobilization augmentee) positions. Some units let you work all 24 days in one shot, so you can have the rest of the year off. Most units are very flexible. PM me if you have any questions.

Herkdvr,

I just started doing the ALO thing as an additional duty at my guard unit. The sweet thing is that you get mandays for it. If you live in Illinois let me know and I can get you in touch with the LOD here. If not, I would contact the Academy admissions dept and ask them for the contact number for your area. See if this link helps:

http://admissions.usafa.af.mil/Questions.htm

See Ya!

Korgs

Herkdvr,

To be clear, you only get mandays if you are in a guard or reserve unit. If ALO is your only job you just get points.

Korgs

Latest resources

Back