Aca

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Blueridger,

We lost the Orlando deal because we don't have the growth capability for obvious reasons...Dornier went out of business.
Parts and MX is already an issue...

If we want to keep Delta...Embraer is the only game in town...word on the street...a jungle jet was at Dulles last week.

House

Here is an statement from a pilot that I know at UAL:

Posted - 08/05/2002 : 07:42:41
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think Mark might appreciate it if you would sanitize this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Been There......

....I havent done that. I'm single, and a CFI/CFII I'll take 18K for flying a CRJ. Not too bad for 23. Have some respect for us "low-lifes!"

CJC

Going insane

Wow. I won't fly NOTHIN' for 18K....

**18K flying something is better than making 0k flying nothing. **

This is exactly why all the big money airline jobs will soon be gone. Mgmt. knows someone will always do it cheaper. And all we can do is sit and watch RJs get bigger and payscales get smaller.

Can anyone give us some info on what ACA pays for and what they do not pay for during training. Any and all info would be great. Thanks in advance.

mrvmo,

Wish I had better news for you but ACA doesnt pay for very much at all unfortunately during training. $200/wk is all they pay w/no per diem (until IOE), no hotel, no uniform(payroll deduct). After 75 days in training, you get your regular first year pay. Best bet is to share a crashpad with some guys while in training and save for a rainy day before you get here. Perhaps in another 2.5 yrs we can get the starting pay changed when the current contract talks will be set to begin but the 75 day deal is a def step in right direction. As for here and now: time in training has decreased dramatically and is actually beneficial to you guys waiting out there for a class. I would say you can expect to be in training about 3 months as a new hire.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back