ACA, where to stay???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hammer66

I've been calling around for a place all day today. I'm going to be starting training on the 29th of July. Any else here have any ideas of where to look or ask around for a crash pad or temporary apartment?

Good luck dude

They don't help much. I was lucky and had friends in the area. I would try crashpad.com. Dean should have sent you something in the mail with a few pads. If you have time I would go down there. Life there isn't very affordable and with that 200 bones a week that they throw you I wish you luck.

I am going to class on the 22 and also looking. hotels there are very expensive, best rates tend to be 59 and up a night, for 7 weeks that can get real expensive. have heard of people getting together on first day of class and going in together on a short term lease apartment. Established crash pad with people that are not going through the stresses of training would be a distraction and I'm sure a hinderance to study time and rest. Hope to find something 200 a week wont help with the mortgage and bills at home as well as an expensive hotel or Apt.

What most people do (what I did) is to split a hotel for a week or so. Try the Fairfield (2 minutes from the training center by the shuttle bus) or the (what I did) Towneplace Suites which is in walking/spitting distance (next door to the Hampton) to the training center to save gas money. They gave us a good ACA rate. Don't fail to mention that you are an employee to get the discount.

Then, before everybody else does (what I did), get a hold of a Washington Post (online sucks) and check the classifieds for a room that will allow for a short term stay. Make sure the rent includes utilites--most do. You can find a private room and **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ter for about $450-550 per month. Compared to a hotel room, it's a bargain.

Or, try to find a short term lease. Most apartments in the immediate area "start in the low thousands" here. That'll run about $275-400 per month (plus utilities) depending on how many people you will want to share a bathroom.

Shop at Walmart and Shoppers Warehouse for food and stuff. Giant and Safeway are frigg'n ripoffs. For more frugal tips to survive the first 75 days, ask around or find a suger momma.

Tailwinds...

In Employee Servcies there is a brochure for an apartment complex (Windsor at Liverstone in Leesburg, VA...I think). They have a 3 month lease at $995 for a one bedroom with a den. It is 20 mins NW of the Training Center. It is a LOT more affordable than the hotels in the area, plus you have a frig, stove, and security.

Good luck, ACA is a great company and training so far is going well (systems here we come)

It's very easy to find a crashpad. The BB at the training center and your fellow classmates are places to start. I found several a couple of days before my classdate. When you get to Dulles, it's easier to find one rather than sweating it out before you get there.

Good luck!

Latest resources

Back