ACA to park CRJ's for United Scope

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tarp

Regional Airline Association is having annual meeting in Nashville.

www.raa.org

They have a Daily show letter on the web site.

Tom Moore of Atlantic Coast (ACA) talked to the group yesterday and besides problems with the Dornier Jet, he very subtly announced that ACA has to start parking CRJ's at the rate of one per month on the United side.

Actually both daily show letters have a lot of news for all the regional folks.

From what I read in the newsletters ACA is not necessarily pulling the RJs due to scope clause - maybe something was said at the conference that is not in the newsletter? I would guess that these RJs are simply victims of the Bombardier strike.

UAL's MEC has assured the AirWisc MEC that they will resolve the scope issue without negatively affecting pilot careers at ACA and Air Wisc (notice non-union Skywest is omitted). Of course, that's what they say - we'll see what happens.

yup, thats why were increasin flights out of ord to185/day

hopefully they dont park them though

who knows.

ACA

I talked to Tom Moore on 3 different times at RAA and all i heard was that they had a commitment to United to deliver planes, although the FD's were in limbo at the moment.

Why would they park existing airframes because of a strike on new one's being built? Sounds like another late comer to the rjdc party. Welcome aboard, I hope it's not too late to help you guys.

the way i understood it talked about by a few people is that with the number of deliveries already taken(rj) and with the retirements scheduled of the j41s if the united grievance is enforced 100% then we would basically have to park all the j41s to fulfill the requirements of the scope agreement with the retirements of the narrowbodies at mainline. we were allowed to have X amount of rjs per narrowbody airframe and with the retirements it takes our total amount allowed down to about sixty, but we were still allowed to get one rj per j41 retired.

with our wonderful schedules though i'm usually too tired to hear anything straight anyway.

i would like some facts on the issue from anyone who is in the know. its hard to find good info over here

Talk to your MEC. It's their "job" to know what is going on. This message board is full of half truths and rumors...please don't rely on it for important info that could affect your career.

Beer&Brauts said:

UAL's MEC has assured the AirWisc MEC that they will resolve the scope issue without negatively affecting pilot careers at ACA and Air Wisc (notice non-union Skywest is omitted). Of course, that's what they say - we'll see what happens.

Interestingly, there has been more than one occasion on which the UAL MEC has assured the AWMEC of things that never happened. Those unaware of history are doomed to repeat it.

Latest resources

Back