Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CRJ_Driver

The Man
While there is no TA, I will 99% vote NO.

As an FO, I can't live alone on the $ I make let alone take the proper financial steps to live a sound future right NOW. How will this change with a pay cut? We will all have to remember the MESA contract provision which states, "No Mesa pilot will wear his uniform while presenting food stamps to purchase meals".

Secondly, I am a professional. There is a marginal chance of flying airplanes in the future for a high dollar amount using your "regional experience" as interviewing leverage.

Consider:

If MESA pilots want busdriver pay....FINE. I will not ride GreyHound which might I add, their Union just approved a TA where Year 2 pay for the 50 seat bus is just under 47.00 an hour. I think I will get my Class A license.

As a business decision, I will vote NO. Why would you do that to yourself?

Any comments?

Corrections

Greyhound - I will ride Greyhound.

A senior VP also resigned at ACA. Why do you think he did that?

Unless our TA is giving up stupid stuff like our dry cleaning allowance and headset reimbursement, I WILL vote NO.

I understand our MEC had to do something due to politics, but this negotiating, IMHO, is a jesture of good will to the Company. I can think of another jesture:

=ll==
He11, I've already given up soda, ice and snacks on my airplane--what the f*ck else can I give?

Tailwinds...

We will all have to remember the MESA contract provision which states, "No Mesa pilot will wear his uniform while presenting food stamps to purchase meals".

you ignorant ass. there is no such language in our contract.

which ever way you vote be prepared to live with it.

CRJ Driver, nobody gives a rats a$$ what you think. Quit your whining, the industry has been changed forever and ACA so far has been sheltered by getting a fat paycheck every month from United. Our operation is a joke that burns through money on a daily basis because up until now, it has not mattered. I am sick of going into the crew room and hearing nothing but whining from so called professionals that spend all there time trying to get paid double for work they haven't even done because the company supposedly screwed them.

Why don't you just shut the hell up till you see the formal presentation!!

I agree with sideshow.

Chill out and deal with the facts at hand. Regardless of what you think of the Mesa TA, ACA will continue to profit regardless of any concessions offered or not. The reason management wants to lower costs is to maintain a high enough profit margin, at least 8%, so as to obtain the best financing for the the CRJ-700's that we hope to obtain the major share of.

Does it suck that all airlines are cutting and slashing our (pilot's) pay/benefits? No doubt! But I have seen much worse happen at other airlines during the 80's and early 90's.

Personally, I would really have to see a presentation that explained in detail how much pain management is going to share. If management is unwilling to give up huge amounts, it tells me that there is no reason why we should offer concessions at all.

As for the Mesa pilots TA. The Mesa pilots negotiated scope...and nothing else. I do not blame them for that. I do not, however like the use of them as "industry standard"...that is a real insult.

Lets just remember who is on the negotiating committee here. If you know any of the gentlemen then you are aware of their contempt for management. Should the current negotiating committee come back with and recommend any concessions, I would tend to believe them above others. Remember, they have to work under whatever they negotiate and we potentially pass.

My $.02

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes a bigger man to laugh at that man".

jetdriven said:
you ignorant ass. there is no such language in our contract.

which ever way you vote be prepared to live with it.

There was a thread a while ago that said the same thing. It claimed it was some kind of company memo and not the contract. Even if it isn't true it sounded good.

I work for greyhound!

But I wish I made $47.00 an hour.
It's more like $19.80 and since we normally drive about 40 hours a week, it comes out to about $32,000 per year . That's year one.
If Mesa would settle for busdriver pay, they would actually improve.
:)

Do you have trips like pilots do or do you start in a city and drive 4 hours and then turn around and come back so you are home every nite? I am not trying to start a fight, I am just curious how the bus world works!
Thanks for the info

skypine69 said:
Do you have trips like pilots do or do you start in a city and drive 4 hours and then turn around and come back so you are home every nite? I am not trying to start a fight, I am just curious how the bus world works!
Thanks for the info

I think a lot of us here would like/need to know how it works too. Where do we apply?

Latest resources

Back