ACA pay etc...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

c152

I am wondering if any one from ACA can give answer some questions about pay? I am in the ACA waiting game at this time?

How long is reserve?
CRJ?
FRJ?
j41?

What is cancellation pay like?

Are you paid for the higher the two block or flight time?
ie: if a trip is blocked (pay credit) for an hour and you make it in :45mins are you paid for the block?

How much do you block on average a month?

Is there a min pay quarrente (trip rig) that you are paid for a day?
ie: if you are calledout for one leg are you paid a min of 3.5 or something like that?

c152 said:
I am wondering if any one from ACA can give answer some questions about pay?

$200/wk during training, no hotel
$21.53 1st yr. all equip.
$23.22 $25.56 $35.59 2nd yr FO J41, D328, CL65 repectively
$43.40 $49.26 $59.20 2nd yr CA J41, D328, CL65 "

I am in the ACA waiting game at this time?

How long is reserve? ~6mths, with the hiring projections this could change. I would think this is for all equip.

CRJ?
FRJ?
j41?

What is cancellation pay like? Whatever the trip was orginally blocked at you get paid for.

Are you paid for the higher the two block or flight time? Higher of the two (day gaurantee, not per leg, ie you overblock all day but underblock enough on last leg to wipe out all gains - you get the day guarantee)

ie: if a trip is blocked (pay credit) for an hour and you make it in :45mins are you paid for the block? What it was orig blocked.

How much do you block on average a month? Trying to get better blocks but its been going on for a year. Av 80hrs. (70 - 95 hr range)

Is there a min pay quarrente (trip rig) that you are paid for a day?
ie: if you are calledout for one leg are you paid a min of 3.5 or something like that? Nope. However, if you get something like that your probably on reserve and going to end up with less than 75 hrs for the month anyway, which is the min monthly gurantee. No junior manning.

B]

With regards to daily pay and under or over blocking, ACA has a daily guarantee. If you were blocked for 5 hours and had three legs that totaled 4hrs 30 min you get paid for five hours. If you over block and total is 5 hrs and 15 minutes you get paid for 5hrs and 15 min. Now if you under block two legs by 15 miutes each and overblock one leg by 15 min for a total of 4 hrs 45 min. you get paid for five hours. It is not a leg guarantee as at most other places. If one leg worth 1 hour cancelled and you over blocked the other two by say 15 minutes. you would still only get 5 hrs of pay because the cancellation goes into the daily guarantee. As for rigs we really don't have them. There is a lookback guarantee of 4 hours per day that you worked. So if you worked 20 days you should get paid for at least 80 hours.
As for reserve. Who knows how long that will be. We are short of pilots in most seats and growing fast so reserve should be short. However the last people hired into the J41 may end up on reserve a long time as the plane goes away, but there are some financial compensations for that. Reserves get paid 3hrs and 45 min per day they are on call. if you overblock that you will get paid for the overblock. Even with very little flying one still tends to make better than 75 hours worth of pay due to things like overblocking and the dreaded Ready Reserve. Plus one can still pick up open time. Some people drop reserve days and pick up open time to improve their paycheck. On average, without picking up much open time I got paid for about 84 hours a month on reserve in the J41.

While we are on this, how long until someone (me) could bid for another plane. I start training in the J-41 at the end of this month and am very eager to fly it, but when I look at those second year pay rates, its all about the CRJ. Is it reasonable for me to presume that I could hold a CRJ FO slot within a year?

Remember, Even though you are going to the J41 this particular equipment is due to be off the property by the end of April 2004. In addition, I believe that after 6 months you are able to bid in the rolling bid process which would give you the opportunity to bid over to the CRJ. After 1 year you should be able to get, at least, CRJ FO pay protection. I think most 2nd year FO's on the J41 and 328 are making CRJ FO pay.

Latest resources

Back