Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

House_X

House X by Peter Eisenman
MSNBC did it's NASDAQ report and talked about the ACA announcement....nothing new to report.

It's a beautiful thing to wake up and see your company name on TV in LARGE TEXT next to Jet Blue, SWA and various other airlines.

It is a beautiful thing to get up in the morning to see shares in my ACA stock drop by $2.30 or %22. NOT. Ouch that hurts. Wall street doesn't like it.

Hang in there...of course there are going to be doomsayers hoping that we will fail. It's going to be a difficult transition and the stock will reflect it.

I think it's a positive move in the right direction...instant gains in profits and stocks are not going to happen. It's going to take blood, sweat and tears...and I'm confident we can do it!

House_X

I dont believe that is something you should be wishing for. ACA's staffing needs (at least in the beginning) will not be anywhere NEAR the level they are at now if they start an LCC.

Furloughs are inevitable. You had better pray that they come to a mtually acceptable agreement with UAL -- if not for yourself then for your junior co-workers.

No sir,

9 hours a day utilization to 11 hours a day. Instead of 10 crewmembers per aircraft we will need 12.2 or more.

12.2 x 89 CRJs is 1086 pilots

10 x 33 FRJs is 330 pilots

80 management/instructor pilots

1496 pilots plus the J41 pilots

We less than 1600 now with about 100 on furlough

When we separate from UAL in 2004 expect 20 to 25 larger jets.

14 x 20 Boieng/Airbus is 280 pilots

By the end of 2004 we will require 1776 + pilots

I believe in the company I work for. I could be furloughed tomorrow...or...this could be the place I could retire from. I'll take my chances with Skeen over UAL anyday.

I'd rather be furloughed and come back flying an airplane in ACA colors and making ACA money then getting a sorry a$$ b#tch fee from United.

We have to start acting like a true TEAM if we are going to make it in this competitve market.

You industry experts with the MBAs in addition to your ATPs might want to listen to the ACA conference call to industry analysts before jumping to any conclusions, positive or negative. For those who can't listen, I have posted another thread with the highlighs.
:cool: :D

House X

It's great to see someone in the pilot group who is willing to support their management for taking a bold step forward towards securing a better future for pilots, even if it means some short term pain and a lot of near future hard work and sacrifice. I hope everyone at ACA feels the way you do, and I also hope I end up out of the pool and in your right seat sooner rather than later...

All further discussion about ACA needs to take place in the "Majors" section of this board since there is no "Nationals" section.;)

Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it. We can all speculate but only time will tell...

...Tailwinds...

Latest resources

Back