ACA new hires

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Alafly

Just wondering,.....how is the future looking at ACA. Getting a little tired of flying 135, and am checking into this regional. Me...1850TT, PIC 135 Be20, 10's, 90's, etc... Hoping to get a little insight into what maybe to expect. And if anyone else has any info on getting in the door without a walk-in reference, I would appreciate it very much. I check my PM often also. Thanks a ton.

ALAFLY

According to their website these are the new mins (updated 6/24/2002):

1) 1800 total flight hours/ 350multi engine
2) FCC License (Radio Operators permit)
3) Must be eligible to hold a First class medical passport
4) Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
5) Aviation degree
6) 200 hours of 121/135 experience
7) Jet experience
8) Experience with: GPS, EFIS, FMS, ACARS

http://www.atlanticcoast.com/ACA_Employment_Opportunities/jobops.asp

Whatever "Jet Experience" means...

Hope that helps.:cool:

re minimums

Dont quote me, but I have been told that their competitive mins are well above the 3500 hour mark. At ASA, we have stacks of 5000 hour applicants. Dont give up though, send in the res!

They have been hiring a lot of guys out of CommutAir, most with under 1500TT and some even without walk-ins. This is very recent, as in the past week or two.

Sunnfun said:
According to their website these are the new mins (updated 6/24/2002):

5) Aviation degree

I thought that must be a typo so I checked out the site for myself. It's true: if your degree isn't in "aviation" then you're not qualified to fly for ACA. I really hope I don't get furloughed now because my only degree is in aeronautical engineering, not aviation. :(

Also, if you look closely at the requirements on their website, I love the "have 600 hours total time, 100 multi for special bridge programs normally associated with aviation universities. helicopter time counts towards these figures, but you must have 200 hours fixed wing time and current in fixed wing airplanes."

What a joke! 200 hours of fixed wing time and we'll have you running around the countryside in a shiny new CRJ.
Please give me a break.

To apply for a position at ACA, you must meet the following requirements:

have authorization to work in the United States

Have 1500 hours total time, 250 multi-engine

Have 1,000 hours total time, 375 multi-engine with an aviation degree or military flight
school graduation, 200 hours part 121 experience

Have 600 hours total time, 100 multi-engine for special "Bridge" programs normally
associated with aviation universities. (helicopter time counts towards these figures, but
you must have 200 hours fixed wing time and current in fixed wing aircraft)

I just cut & pasted this off of their website.

Have the proper U.S. Licenses & Certificates

Hold a current FAA Class II medical certificate

Hold a Class I medical

Pass FAA-mandated drug test & PRIA background check

Be able to read, and speak English clearly and fluently

Hold a commercial license

Have a Radiotelephone Operator's Permit

We prefer our pilots to have an ATP license

capt-zman

Dood,
You have no clue as to how many helicopter guys have been hired by all of the regionals. Litteraly hundreds. These are of course military rotorywing guys that then got the civillian fixed wing ratings on their own, and then the 200 hours. At ASA, there are more than a hundred individuals hired in the last four years with only 100 hours of fixed wing time. I know of one individual that was hired with 60 hours! He went into the E-120 with no problems, and then transitioned 8 months later into the RJ, again with no problems (I know of several fixed wing only guys that have tried to get through the RJ course and have failed twice). They (mil rotorywing guys) do quite well as some of the stuff that they fly in the mil is twice as complex as some of the stuff they will fly at the regionals. As you can see by my profile, I have a little experience in the subject. I can unequovocally (sp?) assure you that fixed wing aircraft are much easier to fly than any helicopter. Although, I earned all of my 3200 hours of fixed wing flying on my own, I deffinitely have respect for the guys that get through training with the 100 hours of multi. Not an insult to you, just realize that there are different means of getting in the door. I personally dont see the difference between a 300 hour intern with Embry Riddle, and one of these rotorywing guys. Well, I do see the difference, but that is a different subject. Have a nice day.:mad:

I appoligize, that was ment to be 60 hours of Multi time and 100 hours of multi time. They of course had all of the other fixed wing time needed for their ratings. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Capt_Zman,
Upon what experience do you base your opinion? I am curious since your background indicates little knowledge of rotary wing aviation (We have made a few improvements since M*A*S*H......)

Latest resources

Back