ACA Negotiating Update

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RJPilott

ACA Negotiating Committee has shot down two company proposals so far. They seem to be holding the line pretty well. The MEC took an informal poll of the pilot group from a 3rd party professional polling company which i believe is giving our negotiating committee more ammo (great decision from the MEC). I have heard our committee has walked away from the table a few times. They are not rolling over easy and the company will have an even tougher time with pilot votes once a TA is reached if it resembles anything like Mesa. Tom Moore is showing signs of stress and sweat. Kuddos to ACA Negotiating Committee on holding the line for a professional pilot group.

I know myself as an ACA pilot will definitely do anything to keep the bar from plummeting into poverty level and sub-standard work rules. 99% of the ACA pilots i talk to feel the same, senior, junior and mid level. ACA pilots are starting to come up with a new slogan for our companys' concession campaign, "Full pay to the last day!". Many of us are prepared to take it there. Some mid-level seniority pilots have already resigned and found other better paying jobs in Corp and 135 in fear of working for Mesa related work rules and pay. There are many more that are prepared to do the same.

RJPilott said:

"Full pay to the last day!".

Isn't that borrowed from USAirways? Maybe a different slogan would be a good idea.

Hope you can hold the line. AWAC just caved.

Good luck.

actually.. in the infamous words of JC, "I did not know that". But, when trying to squeeze water from a rock that has very little moisture left, the rock will crumble. So i think it fits pretty well with us. Thanks for the good wishes. I think we're gonna need it after ARW. Although, ARW still does better than Mesa with their TA ratified and now they are considered "competitive". Good luck to the Mesa guys. I see JO is already coming up with excuses. Wont be long before he starts to attack their "iron clad" scope.

How many regional airlines do you think are not going to cave?
My bet is NONE. All the airlines are cutting costs.

The new TA at AWAC is still well above most regionals and in places better then some majors. So, don't say we lowered the bar for everyone else.

I assume that ACA is in the same sinking boat that AWAC is in and I bet the outcome is the same. I could be wrong.

flyer

Super J41

I agree I don't think are concession package, if there is one will even be close to Mesa's, we have seen that for what are MEC has turned down already. In regards to full pay to the last day do you really think that another job is that easy to come by. I am not saying yes to concessions, I havent seen the proposal, I am just saying consider it!! A package could mean more aircraft and upgrades and our layed off brothers and sisters coming back, think of that also. Thanks.

its time to get out of this profession. There is absolutely no glory left. I dont blame Mesa. For those pilots that have income above and beyond working for a living as a pilot, this is now your industry.. .work for free, cause its going that route, enjoy... there is no longer a living in flying airplanes under 121.. i will now counter Mesa in any concession... as i look for a job elsewhere. I will be happy to underbid what you have done. Enjoy your contract when JO comes to you for concessions vs. furloughs cause ARW and ACA have set the new industry std to be more competitive than you. Lets see how you guys like it. As sick as it is. i'll watch your planes crash month after month due to those that will work for lower wages than ACA and ARW when we under bid you.. and you counter us... Hell.. lets race to the bottom.. might as well...who will work for those wages when the bottom is hit? Unsafe, ineperienced pilots ... enjoy.. im going into another industry after i vote yes to undercut Mesa.. Then i'll get some popcorn and watch the new CFI in a CRJ at 1000 hours with 40 bucks an hour and 7 off per month fatigued into LGA on the news.

Now, im going to vote to drive your wages down. The next jet you hear passing over your head... duck

Last edited:
You are one heartless ba$tard to wish death upon someone. I hope you do leave the cockpit, and seek professional help.

the turtle said:
You are one heartless ba$tard to wish death upon someone.

You need to return to grammar school and redo some comprehension classes as i dont wish death upon anyone. Im just facing reality. You can hide from it all you want... but will you work for 17/hr with 7 days off per month for the first and second year without CX pay flying a CRJ? Who do you think will be jumping at the chance to do that? I forsee many accidents in the future if this race to the bottom continues. Hey, remember, we are our own pilot group and will not have any impact on Mesa if we vote less than their current contract as they havent had any impact on our contract. HA HA! I'll be watching you guys slave away overhead as i fire up my BBQ on weekends.

"...and redo some comprehension classes as i dont wish death upon anyone. Im just facing reality."

reality of what? So you don't want to see accidents but the "race to the bottom" is the cause? Which is it? Sorry, you can't have it both ways.

And you better not mention the AMW crash in CLT. The Capt had more hours than you.

ps. I hope you overcook your steak.

Like to stay up all night and discuss this w/you, but this is only my second of four nights home before I do Monday out-and-back, then another three days off before a four day, followed by four off..etc. So I need some sleep. These scheds are brutal.

Hey, be careful out there on Monday...I might not be as sharp as you'd like.

Latest resources

Back