ACA Mins

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airpilot

I sent in an app. for ACA with 2400tt, 110 multi. Does any one know if I could get a call with that amount of time?

Multi low ...

Hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but your multi-engine time is well below their posted mins (250). Your best hope would be if you knew somebody on the inside. I do know people on the inside at 1200/250 and I haven't had any luck.

Good luck and fly safe!

R

I did read an interview from someone that had 1500tt/130 multi that got hired just last week. Any comments on that one? They didn't know anyone on the inside.

FSI instructors are getting picked up with 1000/300. 300 isn't much for an instructor here....only 5 or 6 months of instructing.

Chunk

There is a hiring pool....the wait is a few months, and it is full of FSI grads. I doubt that someone from the outside would have much of a chance at the moment. If hiring and student loads really picks up, they would go to outside CFI's, but they really can't do it while their grads stand in line to instruct here without causing a riot.

That is of course, unless you have some really good experience....(read thousands of hours here)...

Sorry.....Good Luck, though.

Chunk

The mins at ACA are on a sliding scale from 1500TT and 250ME for the regular folk to 600/100 for interns. Variables include if you have an avaiation degree, the type of flying you have done, agreements with flight programs, and the ability to have someone walk your resume in. ACA seems to stick close to its mins these days if you are just a joe off the street. Best bet meet an ACA pilot, fly with them and get them to write you an honest reccommendation based on your flying skills. Otherwise just get your multi up and be persistant in submitting your resumes to keep them on the top of the stack. You never know what kind of day Dean Hess is having and it just may be you lucky day.

A buddy of mine has 1500tt and 1000 multi-turb, will aca be interested? If so, whats the secret to getting a call for an interview?

From what a couple of my FO's have said when they were applying was to be persistant. One guy said his coputer was messing up and had not sent a single email. When he fixed the problem he inadvertantly sent them his resume about 20 times. Got the call the same day, then again he also had a bunch of time flying at Commutair. Keep your resume updated and on top of the stack. If you really want to be here you should try to let it be known.

Thanks for the advice. I'll just keep sending resumes and see what happens. At any rate, I need to find a place to get more multi time in the mean time. Any ideas? I have my MEI, but can't seem to find any openings for an MEI at the moment.

By the way, it sounds like you work for ACA, any chance I could PM a copy of my resume to you?!?

Latest resources

Back