• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ex-dc9drvr

Furloughed Member
If anyone working at ACA could please answer the two following questions:

1. What are the company's jet expansion plans for the next two years?

2. What is the projected upgrade time for someone lucky enough to start class next month?

Thanks for your help.

1. What are the company's jet expansion plans for the next two years?

We should be at 154 RJs by early 2004; 121 CRJs and 33 Dornier Jets. Currently we're at 67 CRJs, 33 Dorniers, and 30 J-41s (all of which are projected to be retired by 1Q04.

After early 2004, it's a big ??? I hope Kerry Skeen (CEO) and Tom Moore (Prez) can cook up something else.

2. What is the projected upgrade time for someone lucky enough to start class next month?

A long time.......I don't even want to think about it, but say 3-4 years conservative. Many of the people here now who upgraded in relatively little time snagged their upgrades due to all the growth happening. However the way things stand right now, the future is a big ? beyond 2004. I have confidence in our leadership to drum up something, but nothing's a sure thing. I would suspect with this whole UAL bankruptcy thing we may be ready to grow even more on the United Express side, but who knows.

JTrain

A long time???

How do you figure a long time on the upgrade??? Going from 67 to 154 RJ's is growth of 87 jets, more than you have now!!! Subtract the 30 J-41's and you are down to 57 growth A/C, but a jet is more manpower intensive than a -41, so they don't compare on a 1-1 basis.

Sounds to me like the upgrades will be fast and furious.

Bad math.......

I see that 154 jets included the DoJets, so my math and logic is a little skewed.........but it still sounds like considerable growth.

Re: A long time???

Parethd70 said:
How do you figure a long time on the upgrade??? Going from 67 to 154 RJ's is growth of 87 jets, more than you have now!!! Subtract the 30 J-41's and you are down to 57 growth A/C, but a jet is more manpower intensive than a -41, so they don't compare on a 1-1 basis.

Sounds to me like the upgrades will be fast and furious.

You forgot to factor in the 33 FRJs we have to (yes the Do is considered a jet and an RJ LOL).
67+33=100RJs 154-100=54 54-30 J41s= 24 net growth RJs by mid 2004.

We already have 1700 pilots so alot of us are wondering if something else is up the co's sleeve for all the hiring going on. I dont buy the idea that their going for adequate resv coverage, never have before.

Latest resources

Back