ACA Its Airbus

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sniper@YourFeet said:
B/c there's not a large enough market to support them (ie, 1 million+ metropolitan area)

Actually, that's changing now. Many of the small cities being held hostage by a single carrier are paying for a/any LCC to come into their town. It promotes business and growth for the city and eliminates risk for the carrier. My town did it with AirTran and business at the airport has picked up by 30% while the 3 surrounding airports have seen their usage drop by double digits. Having a LCC is very important to the chamber of commerce of a city.

exphojump said:
IMO the CRJs with no middle seats are more comfortable than a LUV 737 with the knee nocking seat pitch.

The main competition would be a LUV 737 connecting through MDW or another minihub with cattle call boarding.

LUV 737 33" seat pitch, RJ? Please I flew the thing, don't try to compare.

Has ACA Streamlined the boarding process? I worked there and a cattle call always beats out a goat rope.

Canyon,

The times I've been on LUV it has not been on the -700 but on the 200 or 300 with 32" seat pitch. The CRJ seats are a bit thinner and depending on the seat I have more knee room on the CRJ and the boarding is less chaotic.

As to the goat rope of the UAX operation. Do you think we have a chance in hell of surviving if we do that as independence air? Many parts of our operation are experiencing major changes, including boarding and ramp operations. We have hired several outside managers to shake up middle management. Provided we dodge the Mesa bullet I believe we will do well.

Have fun at LUV,

General Lee said:
How long will it take you to get all of the airbusses? Yes, you will get 4 from Ryan initially, but it will take awhile. In the mean time, do you think that the other airlines will not try to squeeze you? Of course they will. Fares will drop at IAD. Southwest and Airtran will do their best to win, and they have lots of money too.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

C'mon General, you're smarter than that. You should no that NO airline was born overnight - even the mighty Delta. Your strong prejudices against a sucessful Indy air is beginning to cloud your judgement.

Of course you leave yourself open to competition while you grow, but that's the chance you take. No airline was born out of a sure thing and many continue to exist on a hope and a prayer.

How many planes did jetblue start out with, gosh, how did they survive with so few aircraft in the beginning?

Ironically, Indy will be starting with over 80 ac. I think we'll be able to make our presence felt from day ONE, for better or for worse!

Last edited:
exphojump said:
As to the goat rope of the UAX operation. Do you think we have a chance in hell of surviving if we do that as independence air? Many parts of our operation are experiencing major changes, including boarding and ramp operations

I hope it works because the pilot group there was awsome when I was there. You just have to get the other groups to play ball. The only way to get the ramp in shape is to let it be run by Lt. Dan, if he still works there. Good luck Guys:)

AirBoard said "C'mon General, you're smarter than that. You should no that NO airline was born overnight"
You are exactly right, but unfortuneately ACA is trying to defy those statistics. Starting a new airline with 75 RJs, all operating on day one, will burn through that 300 million in about 3 months. Hopefully you'll get some pax on before the cash is gone, but I have my doubts. I don't think you'll be empty, but it takes time to build up enough momentum(passengers) to pay for those planes.

I think you guys are counting your chickens way before they hatch.............If you think J.O. is going to give up that easy your dreaming!

Intruder One said:
I think you guys are counting your chickens way before they hatch.............If you think J.O. is going to give up that easy your dreaming!

And JO has over 4,000 highly pissed off super-motivated employees at ACA to deal with who want nothing to do with him or his second rate company. Johnny O. is way out of his league this time.

Show your support for ACA by visiting www.aero2003.org and becoming informed.

DCitrus9 said:
but unfortuneately ACA is trying to defy those statistics. Starting a new airline with 75 RJs, all operating on day one, will burn through that 300 million in about 3 months.

The General says we won't have enough planes to start an operation and you say we'll have too many.

Does anyone have any idea what the right number of aircraft is to start a LCC???

BTW, ACA will definitely burn through cash and post a projected loss for some quarters, but I don't believe they projected 300M. Who knows I don't feel like crunching the numbers. If the economy turns the corner the timing could be right.

KingAirKiddo said:
And JO has over 4,000 highly pissed off super-motivated employees at ACA to deal with who want nothing to do with him or his second rate company. Johnny O. is way out of his league this time.

Show your support for ACA by visiting www.aero2003.org and becoming informed.

Problem is, it's the ACAI shareholders who decide whether or not to accept JO's offer. If I were a betting man, I'd be willing to bet that if less than 50% of current shareholders are in favor of JO's tender offer, JO will be buying up shares of ACAI. Does ACAI have a poison pill? What happens if JO buys >15% of ACAI stock?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back