• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ACA Interviews?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I interviewed Nov 6 and was told to expect March/April for training and that there were around 120 in the pool. I would be very happy for the attrition so I can get started. Anyone know how long the Reserve time is right now and roughly how many days a week?

I hear allot of folks worrying about the future of the Majors and how the LLC's will affect them. From an outsider looking in, the money is on the Regionals for the next few years to dominate the domestic market. I would only think that if they all continue to make the big profits it would trickle down to the crews in the next contract as well as continued improvements on QOL issues.

The one big exception I see to this is the US Airways WO's. But hopefully their future gets brighter too, soon.

cgflyer

cgflyer said:
I interviewed Nov 6 and was told to expect March/April for training and that there were around 120 in the pool. I would be very happy for the attrition so I can get started. Anyone know how long the Reserve time is right now and roughly how many days a week?

Sure, reserve schedules guarantee you at least 75 hrs pay a month but you will probably get paid for 80. I havent flown near that per month, I think I have been getting around 50-60 hrs a month of actual flight time. You will get 11 days off per month which comes out to 3 days off a week and one week with 2 days off. When you get a hard line, your days off will vary from 12 to 19 per month, depending on the line you get. I have been on reserve in ORD since September, I dont really know how long it will last, but I am hoping to get a build-up line next month if I am lucky.

Good luck

Thanks for the info. I see allot of the new-hires are going to ORD, I'm hoping to eventually end up in IAD since I'll be commuting out of Norfolk for awhile. Any news on any expansion/pilot bases in the near future?

Nothing as of yet, but you can commute on ACA between Norfolk and Chicago if you want to. You can also put in for a base transfer when you finish training and you should be able to get it as long as there is someone in your seat at the other base who wants to transfer also. I know of a few people who have switched domiciles and they got it done with no problem, but it does not take place immediately.

We are always expanding our route structure but there are no new domiciles in the works that I am aware of. (Of course, that isnt saying much considering I am just the FNG around here.)

Welcome aboard, I hope you get your class date soon!

For anyone who cares - a good friend of mine who is driving the CRJ around Chicago has been flying with ACA for 6 months, he said he is able to bid and hold a "build up line"..?? He said that is a little more senior that the reserve lines, but NOT quite senior enought to hold a hard line.

What's a build-up line..?

nd

Terry, I started class early July, the class before yours.

ND, a build-up line is when you get a line made up of whatever trips are left over, with some reserve days mixed in. It is kind of like whatever Scheduling throws in for you. A hard line means you have a planned schedule of trips for the entire month and you will usually fly with the same crew for the month as well. When you bid a hard line, you know exactly what you will be flying for the month, and with a build up you dont know until they award you the line.

A "Build-up Line" is this...

First the hard lines are awarded. Then, any trips that fall out due to vacation, training days, leave of absence, military days, etc. are moved into the build-up lines.

If you bid a build-up you will also submit a "build-up preference" that is considered in order of seniority. For example: if you are the most senior pilot to be awarded a build-up and your preference is for all tue-wed-thu off and only two to three day trips, the scheduling system will figure out the best trips that give him what he wants and keep his block hours from 80 to 95 hours.

After his award then the next pilot to be awarded a build-up is then given their preference. The catch is that really only the first third to half get most of what they want. Sometimes more, sometimes less. It really depends on the month and many other factors.

Hope this helps and good luck to you all!

"It takes a big man to cry. It takes a bigger man to laugh at that man".

Latest resources

Back