ACA interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mflyer1

I have an interview coming up with ACA the first week of april. I would appreciate any info from anyone who has recently gone through the process.

AviationInterviews.com

Here are two interviews off of AviationIvterviews.com. These were the only two on there since 9-11. Hope this helps...

Date of interview (year, month, day): 2002-03-19
Date interview was submitted (year, month, day, time): 2002-03-21 09:39:54
Were you hired as a result of this interview? waiting to hear
Total flight time: 1600
PIC flight time: 0
PIC TURBINE flight time: 0
Total multi engine flight time: 200
Did someone walk in your application/ resume?
How many letters of recommendation did you bring? 0
Are you a CFII? yes
Are you a MEI? yes
How long after you sent your resume were you called? 10 weeks
Do you have a college degree? 4 year
Do you have a military background? no
What is your current job? CFI
What is your age? 26
What aircraft were you assigned? waiting to hear
If you wee hired what is your training date? 2002-04-01

Interview experience:
I showed up in the morning to the ACA training center. They take your paperwork from you. Then 2 captains and the HR guy interview you. No tricks here. Standard jepp chart questions. Factors for VMC. When are METAR/TAF issued and how long are they valid. Why ACA? If your captain doesn't want to do the taxi check how would you handle that? Where do you want to be in 5 years? What are your weak/strong points? What base would you want? Just study up some basic facts about ACA and you'll give a good impression. After the interview you take a 50 question written test. Basic part 91 regs, speeds in various airspace, holding speeds, oxygen altitudes, right of way rules, some Jepp questions. Light gun signals. Some questions come from the ATP written so look over the study guide portion before each chapter in the Gliem book. If you have a decent grasp of the FAR/AIM you'll be fine. Then the sim... It's an AST 300. It's pretty easy to fly. You climb, cruise and descend at 150. Approach speed is 120. You'll take off from Dulles fly some vectors to get used to the sim. Then the sim tech will start the "graded" portion. You go to TILLE NDB and hold, then after you do the proper entry, you get cleared for the ILS. On the missed you lose an engine. Just go through your basic steps in a light twin and declare and emergency...and you're done. It was a good experience. Nothing like the interrogations I've heard about. Good luck!

Date of interview (year, month, day): 2002-03-14
Date interview was submitted (year, month, day, time): 2002-03-18 13:55:08
Were you hired as a result of this interview? no
Total flight time: 2200
PIC flight time: 0
PIC TURBINE flight time: 0
Total multi engine flight time: 500
Did someone walk in your application/ resume?
How many letters of recommendation did you bring? 0
Are you a CFII? yes
Are you a MEI? yes
How long after you sent your resume were you called? 10 weeks
Do you have a college degree? 4 year
Do you have a military background? no
What is your current job? CFI
What is your age? 28
What aircraft were you assigned? N/A
If you wee hired what is your training date? 2002-04-01

Interview experience:
Interviewed at the WIAI convention in Nashville. All new hires will be going into the jets. Typical questions: TMAT you had a conflict, emergency, bad flt learned from. Describe systems on your current ac. Brief a Jepp app. What do you need to see to continue below MDA/DH? List the 3 stages of a thunderstorm, cumulus stage builds by orographic, convective, frontal convergence. Look over icing. Be prepared to discuss jet aero: swept wing, dutch roll, mack tuck. Why ACA? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Good Luck!

I was talking to an Interview board captain the other day and he said make sure your paperwork is in perfect order. The attention to detail that this represents says a lot about you. Make sure your application and background check information and supporting documentation are complete, accurate and presentable. In this market where airlines can afford to be picky, it pays to be thorough.
Also it pays to practice mock interviews with your friends to see how the word come out of your mouth. Especially when you are asked questios such as "Why do you want to work here?" and "Have you ever broken a FAR"
The biggest thing the interview pilots are looking for is if they could stand flying with you for a whole month. Both as a safe pilot and as a person. ACA really has an impressive group of pilots who are great fun as well as very professional people. Remember this: Be yourself. It is really just a bunch of pilots sitting around talking about flying and ourselves! Our two favorite subjects!
Good Luck in your interview.

Thanks for your help guys. I was interviewed yesterday and I think it went pretty well.

Any idea how long it takes to hear from them?

If anyone has any questions about the interview send me a note and I'll try to help as best I can.

thanks

I interviewed on March 20th and got a job offer on the 29th.

Good luck!

M- you moron, you never say it went good. That's the kiss of death. Just kidding. That other dude Jerry got the job.
I can just picture the dialog at the interview.

Interview Panel- "Mflyer, why is your top button not buttoned?"

Mflyer- "Sir, my neck's too fat sir."

Yeah, you know who this is. Good luck, let us know if you got it. I don't think I'll be around to hear the good news.

Congrats, don't forget who told who told you about this place. Keep in touch, I'm out this weekend.

J-

Latest resources

Back