ACA growth

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

20sx

ACA has been hiring around 60 or so pilots a month now and plans to continue. I've also heard they will be hiring anywhere from 500 to a 1000 pilots next year! My question is where is the growth for that kind of hiring? By April 2004 ACA will have 154 jets.....not enough for that many pilots. So what is up their sleeves? Just curious.

20sx,

I think for next year's hiring 400-500 is more on par. theyll take on just over 400 this year. Right now alot of ACA's growth is being fueled by 2 things: 1. continued CRJ growth/replacement of J41s with CRJs(to be completed now by mid 2004) and 2. UAL's continued buildup using ACA ac in ORD and the subsequent handing over of former UAL routes to ACA.

Ive heard different things as far as future orders go and have heard a number of rumors. You are correct though, the numbers being hired do not match the # of planes we will have mid 2004 esp with the lack of attrition among our pilot group. The staffing ratio on the RJs is a little bit higher than the tps but not enough for the #s here. The company seems to think that the industry will continue to turn around (lets hope theyre right) and that hiring at the majors will return. If that happens, they know that there will be alot, alot of pilots both here and at all the other regionals who will be ripe for the pickings. also, if/when UAL turns around and they start to take back their routes, ACA will have to reallocate the ac assigned to those routes.

So at the least, Id say theyre looking ahead for major hiring to pick up, at the most Id say they could order more ac (prob CRJ) if UAL/UAL pilots signed onto it (scope) and/or DAL wanted ACA to do more flying for them (doubtful bc FRJ essentially dead, the DALConn op has had some issues in the past,etc). ACA upper mgmt prides itself on being a growth co. and they always have found a way to grow the co despite all the curve balls thrown there way.

zkmayo said:
ACA upper mgmt prides itself on being a growth co. and they always have found a way to grow the co despite all the curve balls thrown there way.

I agree... I have heard nothing about good things about ACA management.

Really confused here!?

4.0atRIDDLE said:
I agree... I have heard nothing about good things about ACA management.

Same here, Skeen and Moore are two of the best exec's in the industry!

viper548 said:
He must be deep in the archives to find this 3-year old thread.

Well, he does have a 4.0 from riddle

T-Gates said:
People call me crazy but I think they're going to tell UAL to f*ck off and go Independent....i wonder what they'd call it....

How about George.....or maybe TED? What would you call an airline that is going independent?

Latest resources

Back