ACA Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RJPilott

Looks like we may not be able to avoid the inevitable. Thanks MESA!!!

I hope you guys enjoy your crappy schedules and poverty level wages while busting your A$$'s for JO as he laughs at you guys all the way to the bank.

I'll be enjoying my time home everynight with my new job and some $$$ in the bank thinking of you all sweating it out for JO while you eat Ramen noodles. I sure hope its not to late to reject that T/A.

I would like to second the thanks to Mesa!! Thanks for leading the race to the bottom!!

If Great Lakes can fight for a decent living, then so can you. You will all be Freedom pilots in my book.

Get a pair and vote NO!!!

Mayday.

Road shows with senior management have also expressed wage concessions of 15-20% and/or no cancellation pay. Sounds right in line with what Mesa is being asked to sign by ALPA. One thing im confused with is how can an organization representing the best interest of several groups endorse a change to one group when they know it will be destructive to the best interest of the other groups? Looks like ALPA may be creating more lawsuits for itself.

JO is obviously having a hard time with Freedom due to ALPA pressure. He negotiated his scope in order to have a Larger "accepted Freedom" which is evident in the Mesa T/A as far as wages, days off, benefits etc. I can sympathize with the very risky position Mesa pilots are in, but just think how you will be treated if you vote NO vs. if you vote yes. Also think about how Freedom will be treated if you vote NO vs. Yes. Think about how many people you will be effecting if you vote NO vs yes. I'd much rather pi$$ off JO than thousands and thousands of pilots.

RJPilott,
Calm down. No need to pin the blame on MESA - the problem is United's desperate financial situation.

Oh boy here it comes. How about a big fat NO on those concessions. We really can't let this MESA thing set a precedent. So NO.

are furloughs at ACA official, and documented, or is everyone jumping the gun as usual? Is this a published fact, or did somebody hear it from their bro in law who got it from a reliable source?

"The rumors of my death were greatly exagerrated."

inthepool said:
Is this a published fact, or did somebody hear it from their bro in law who got it from a reliable source?

"The rumors of my death were greatly exagerrated."

From ACA CP Memo:

"Tom [Moore] has done an excellent job of explaining how valuable our cash position is. Based on conserving cash, do I forsee small furloughs to correct staffing levels and preserve cash? Unfortunately yes."

This does not mean they are going to furlough. However, if we are forced to deal with competition that basically is working for free with 8 days off per month, I dont forsee any way of avoiding it.

I've enjoyed the short time that I've spent with the company. While I definitely hope this "blows over", the pragmatic part of my nature suggests that it probably won't. I wish the best for all my fellow junior pilots at ACA, as well as my deeply maligned counterparts at mainline UAL. I only hope that the economy improves soon so that we can all get back to normal, or as close as possible in these crazy times.

Take care.

KAK

Last edited:
Please...

Tell me this is all crap! One of my best friends just went over to ACA and got out of the sim recently, and is awaiting IOE... I don't want to seem him furloughed...

Afraid so. The rumors have been flying for weeks...the excerpt from the chief pilot memo above confirms that it is not a matter of "if", but "when."

Latest resources

Back