Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

uncle

ACA CRJ and J41 FOs:

Some of you may be pondering whether to bid for the shortage of FRJ FOs. Please, please keep in mind that 96 of your brothers are still furloughed.

NO FELLOW BLUE RIDGERS SHOULD BID THESE POSITION, IT IS BLATANTLY SCREEWEEING YOUR COWORKERS ON THE STREET!

SIGNED,
PROUD TO HAVE VOTED NO!!

How will bidding these positions have any effect on recalls? Won't ACA simply award the junior pilots whatever base they need them in, regardless of their bid?

Bluto said:
How will bidding these positions have any effect on recalls? Won't ACA simply award the junior pilots whatever base they need them in, regardless of their bid?

The rules are different if a pilot bids for something and is awarded it as opposed to being "involuntarily" displaced.

A different line of thinking...

I would like to know why everyone here has such a problem with these slots being put up for bid. I am asking this as a serious question not as flamebait. I agree absolutely that the company has an obligation to recall some of the furloughees to fill these spots but I think we all know that they aren't going to do it. If no one bids them they will go in reverse senority to the low people on the list (13 ORD based CRJ FO's and 2 J41 FO's). Why should these 13 CRJ FO's have to take a pay cut and be displaced when they more than likely do not want to be and you have people like myself and others who would love to go to CVG or BOS and get a pay hike along the way? This seems like the lesser of two evils.

Please do not flame me since I am asking to get the mood around here - I encouraged everyone to vote no on the TA and I substantially reduced the amount of open time I pick up while the furloughees are on the street at great financial loss to myself - I want to get them back just as quickly as possible but I don't think that refusing to bid these slots is going to help anyone. It is just going to create a hardship for more people who don't need it. I have not yet decided to bid on these slots because I am also hoping that our union would take some position (either pro or con) on them and provide us with some leadership (god forbid). I welcome any educated responses and flames will be cheerfully ignored.

"I substantially reduced the amount of open time I pick up while the furloughees are on the street..."

So, you're still picking up open time? I'll bet the furloughed pilots find themselves in a situation of greater financial loss. I, personally, would like to see the union show some leadership in this area. Why not get a part-time job if money is so tight. Don't help ACA keep the furloughs on the street.

There are 2 different kinds of open time:

1) is where the company is short of pilots - it is generally agreed upon that nobody should pick that up.

2) is where another pilot is trying to drop a trip (DTR) for personal reasons - it is in dispute over whether or not anybody should pick those up.

I'm sure this kind of division within the pilot group is what was planned from the start. We need to stick together on this one. Think about the guys on the street. If you don't, WE will be joining them REAL SOON!

It didn't take long for the tricks to start....and you can bet with the new TA, there will be more to come....

House

Latest resources

Back