ACA/Flyi???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DontFeedTheBear said:
I actually flew one of the "new" SKYW CRJ's.... Geez, if these are under a year old, they have been driven hard. They are also "under equipped" just as our Comair RJ's. They are not CAT II certified due to the lack of features.
Well, if you were flying our old Ship 710, she was the baby of the fleet. The newest and least beat up plane we had.

Airing our laundry, at least you see what ACA/Indy was. And one thing about our company they can make a nickel cry they squeeze it so hard.

So, yes - only one FMS unit on the left side. The big silver post on the right side ("the stake") was approved by our FSDO and installed by our maintenance to hold our speed cards. Someday an FO hand will be impaled on that stake in an emergency stop and then maybe the FAA will approve the removal of said device.

There is no working port for ground A/C hookups. If it was an "option", then ACA didn't get it.

The concept of actually "cleaning" airplanes - completely lost on ACA management. Their belief is that the commissary / detailers that see the airplane every turn would keep it clean enough for the passengers.

Making sure a CRJ actually flies 12 hours a day - you ride them hard - and I'm not talking about "on line" 12 hours - I mean up in the air for 12 hours.

All other planes are older than 710 - the youngest - at about 14-15 months old right now. If our first CRJ, which I know we still have, was delivered in 1995 and the last one 710 was delivered in 2003, the four planes you have are somewhere in that spectrum.

Oh, and ACA aircraft have had that AD complied with that stops the flap dragging that I see on Air Whiskey and some of the other carriers. Our flaps can come up to zero on the ground, the battery chargers work just fine. I think your planes are RVSM compliant, too. We just spent a bunch of bucks on that stuff.

I'm sad to see our 4 RJ's go. But if we trade one RJ for one Airbus, I can live with that. The talk about 16 eventually leaving the property is a bit scary but Indy folks have no choice now but to look to the future and hope we can make it one more year in business. I understand that Target Stores have gotten such bad press about the Salvation Army thing, that they are going to allow Indy pilots to set up kettles to save our airline. (Sorry, I couldn't resist).

You guys have an actual FAA approved device for holding the speed cards in place! That is so awesome! Here at Mesa we just use hotel key cards folded over and wedged into the cracks between the panels. You just put two or three at different corners and it holds the cards snug as a bug. I'm not sure that it's an approved FAA device, but it works great!

cardboardboxes said:
You guys have an actual FAA approved device for holding the speed cards in place! That is so awesome! Here at Mesa we just use hotel key cards folded over and wedged into the cracks between the panels. You just put two or three at different corners and it holds the cards snug as a bug. I'm not sure that it's an approved FAA device, but it works great!
Yeah I really wonder if it is FAA approved.... As for your hotel keys... not a problem as they are not fixed to aircraft... keep it up....

Now for the BOW. At ACA/IA/BK guys would take a flourescent MEL sticker and write the BOW/Index on it an stick "somewhere" for quick and easy reference. How FAA approved is that!

During one flight, the Easy Reference MEL sticker was different from the defualt FMS BOW which was different from the Flight/MX can number. Cute....

Finally, the company started placing formatted BOW/index stickers with signatures and control numbers..... but the pilots started scribbling the tenth decimal place and rounding up so it matched the FMS.... huh?

Pretty good tarp, but you got one small fact wrong. We got 620BR (our first CRJ) in August of 1997, not in 1995. I was in class in CYUL when it came off the production line and enjoyed flying it around in white paint doing Penn State charters until it was allowed to be in the UAX colors...

Hate to see the 4 CRJs go, but not as bad as the Midway boys & girls were when we got them from them...

March 1st the junior man is a 05/2002 hire. I speculate it might go all the way to 05/2001 before the music stops.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back