• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ACA Airbus pay rates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Every Captain that can hold a CA position in 2004 will be on $115.51, and every FO will be on $57.76.
2005 $120.44 and $64.41
2006 $125.57 and 71.17
2007 $130.92 and $78.52

I thought traditionally FO's got 60% of Capt pay...

$115.51 x 60% = $69.31
$120.44 x 60% = $72.26
$125.57 x 60% = $75.34
$130.92 x 60% = $78.55

Looks like the FOs get stiffed until '07...

i'd have to say that we are not in the "traditional" environment any more, not that i want to see anyone loosing out because of this though.
the pilots had a 93% voter turnout and a 97% in-favor decision, so this indicates that the pilots understood what was needed to be done in order to give this new operation the best chance of being successful. i think most of the pilots bidding FO positions will recognize that it is a big pay raise from there current rates if they are coming from most positions, and that there a lot more issues here than simple pay rates. (oportunities, challenges, progression, ect, ect)
we all would like to see the best possible agreements in place, and judging by the 97%, the pilots see this as an excellent starting point.

justApilot said:
My next question is what is the seniority that will hold Airbus CA and FO?

As with most airlines the highest paying equipment is going to senior. How senior? We won't know until the bids (which aren't out yet) are awarded. I've spoken with several middle seniority J41 and FRJ CA's who say they're going to bid Airbus FO.

Why do you ask?

Say it takes you 15 years to topout in pay. I am just trying to figure out where year 1 Airbus CA/FO rates fall in relation to to those 15 years, or whatever year you topout in.

justApilot said:
Say it takes you 15 years to topout in pay. I am just trying to figure out where year 1 Airbus CA/FO rates fall in relation to to those 15 years, or whatever year you topout in.

It's a 12 year payscale. When the Bus is first put into service all pilots on it will be on year 2 pay regardless of position on the seniority list. The second year they're on the Bus they'll be on 3rd year pay, etc.

Take me for example. I am on 4th yr FRJ CA pay. If I bid to Airbus FO then I go to 2nd year pay on that pay scale. If I were then to bid CRJ CA, I would be returned to longevity pay based on my date of hire like it is now on the FRJ.

I think that this is one of the things that you'll see change in the next contract if Independence Air is successful.

Latest resources

Back