Abx Management threats

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Bitter

So, I was not at the meeting last week. But I understand that management informed us that 10 more DC9's are gonna go away!!

Was this a threat? Is it fact or fiction? or some how tied into DHL's reorg plan?

Any guesses insight or info?

Or is it there usual negotiating tactic?

Wonder why they were interviewing last week!

So, I was not at the meeting last week. But I understand that management informed us that 10 more DC9's are gonna go away!!

Was this a threat? Is it fact or fiction? or some how tied into DHL's reorg plan?

Any guesses insight or info?

Or is it there usual negotiating tactic?

Wonder why they were interviewing last week!

I did not attend either, but I was told by someone who did that they mentioned each city pairing we were losing in the 9. I can't remember them all, but the 3 in ORD are gone when the 767 returns. PWM, LFT and COS were also mentioned. At the meeting GS said that she has a meeting with DHL on Monday, so there may be more info later this week.

If they park that many 9's and surplus pilots, allmost all of the surplused F/O's will be able to displace all of the KIX F/O's and some of the Capts! Management must be expecting that there will be no surplusses, or that the DC-9 F/O's who are surplused will choose to be furloughed rather than go to Japan.

I did not attend either, but I was told by someone who did that they mentioned each city pairing we were losing in the 9. I can't remember them all, but the 3 in ORD are gone when the 767 returns. PWM, LFT and COS were also mentioned. At the meeting GS said that she has a meeting with DHL on Monday, so there may be more info later this week.

If they park that many 9's and surplus pilots, allmost all of the surplused F/O's will be able to displace all of the KIX F/O's and some of the Capts! Management must be expecting that there will be no surplusses, or that the DC-9 F/O's who are surplused will choose to be furloughed rather than go to Japan.

Here we go again. OD your going to have to feed the the crashpad cats from now on. Wonder if I can get my job back at Comair?

Last edited:
GS said nothing is written in stone yet...it is just stuff they are looking at. Some of it just won't work. They will try it and fail and go back to flying it. She said they are thinking of trucking COS to DEN. Let me know how that works out in the winter.:(

Same with COU to STL. Right.

Looking at shuffling a bunch of midwest cities and I can't remember exactly but seems like it involved ATW, MSN, MLI in order to get rid of DSM.

LFT to be trucked to MSY. There was also mention of something with LRD but can't remember details.

PWM to go to a 727.

Also a bunch of shuffling involving RIC, ORF, ROA, RDU, MDT. I think they are looking at RDU-ROA-ILN if I remember correctly.

SFO-RIV 9 may get cancelled and tagged onto the 767 transcon.

Talk of MCI to the 767.

AGAIN....all talk right now. May never happen.

As far as furloughs, I'm not gonna get too worked up just yet. If they do indeed park 10 DC-9s we are operating pretty thin right now...I would say closer to 2 crews per aircraft versus the normal 2.5. So that equals 40 pilots.

I believe we could easily absorb 40 pilots with the upgrades they desperately need in the 767FO and DC9CA.

A furlough would instantly cripple the ANA operation, they will not give advanced notice, at least not to me...

If you haven't listened to Saturdays hotline, I recommend it. It addresses some of the items, including aircraft parking.

Latest resources

Back