ABX information please.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ABXbooger...

One AStar guy posts a response and you characterize all of us....that's pretty dang sorry.

What's the relationship between DHL, Astar, and ABX? I thought all were separate companies, but reading the above posts I think I'm wrong. Thanks.

ABXbooger,

Congrats on your recall. I'm an Astar pilot, and I don't think that goAstar was slamming ABX personally. He slammed all of the ACMI's out there, including Astar. With the question that nonstop asked, I think he was just trying to point out to him that his energies might be better spent looking at FedEx, UPS, etc., than any ACMI carrier. He does have a point, though his writing style can be grating at times. ;)

He also has a point about DHL's operating style. Just be ready to see other "charter" operators in ILN when the integration is complete. Then you'll get the warm fuzzy we get when we see NWA 747's and DLH MD-11's on the ramp in CVG. We must stick together as pilot groups, or we will all be a flyspeck on the DHL van's windshield. That much is a fact. ;) I think our respective union leadership understands that. That's why your union joined the GCPA awhile back. Good luck!

ABXbooger said:
Wow, guys, can't wait to get you to ILN! You get someone who is interested in some info on someone elses company and you slam them...huh.

ABX is a good place to work, and judging from the Astar guys attitude we will be hiring many more pilots in the future. You may have seen what "DHL" has done in the past, but is that the same company as now? Airborne didn't have hardly any contractors, and we flew much more freight than you guys. What's that say about your company?
Oh, and good luck with your lawsuit, that's gonna make your major customer real happy and willing to work with you in the future.

Happy CAT II landings this winter...
HA,HA,HA
So based on everything you know, which appears to be alot based on this post, is ABX still a good career compared to a UPS or FEDEX? Give it a rest!!!

Is this to grating?

Last edited:
ABXbooger said:
Wow, guys, can't wait to get you to ILN! You get someone who is interested in some info on someone elses company and you slam them...huh.

ABX is a good place to work, and judging from the Astar guys attitude we will be hiring many more pilots in the future. You may have seen what "DHL" has done in the past, but is that the same company as now? Airborne didn't have hardly any contractors, and we flew much more freight than you guys. What's that say about your company?
Oh, and good luck with your lawsuit, that's gonna make your major customer real happy and willing to work with you in the future.

Happy CAT II landings this winter...[/QUOTE]

Does this mean astar is not cat II ?If so, that could be a serious setback for dhl with such a huge marketing campaign.
If there not cat II , I bet there are plans on the table to upgrade the equipment.

goastar,

I would trade this job to go to UPS or Fedex, problem is, every pilot worth his logbook would also like to work there. ABX is a good place to work: good money, good shedules, and unlike your opinion, I think there is going to be a future flying DHL's freight. I could only hope I can stay here 25 more years.

As to all of you guys saying wait until the contractors show up, well answer me this... if this is the best way to run a company, like Fedex and UPS, why don't they run multiple contract carriers? DHL wants to be the third major player in this biz and to do that they will do things similiar to the other two. That means quality and service. ABX is handling all of DHL's truck sort centers because we know how to do that, why would they kill the reason Airborne stuck around so long? Look into Astars ACMI contract and tell me what your on-time basis is versus ours.

Now, I also think the best thing to happen would be for us to work together, BUT, when you guys go and appeal a case to take all of our jobs, well that doesn't sit well. We will continue to work our butts off to ensure our carrier remains, all I can hope is that goastars mentality is not pervasive, it sure doesn't work at ABX.

96% on-time or better...how about you?
100' AGL field in site...landing

Astar's ontime is 98%. Ten years left on a guaranteed ACMI agreement with DHL.

Honestly, I give up! Good luck goastar, I hope your positive attitude and highly efficient airline do great. I know for a fact that your numbers aren't that good (last week, 40+ planes didn't make it to CVG or ILN: at all) and your ACMI contract is cancellable if service drops below a certain level, as is ours.

Look at your freight numbers, if they are close to what ours are, you would realize that there is going to be enough freight for both carriers and then some.

As far as the other Astar guys, I am not lumping you all into one basket, and I am not the single opinion at ABX.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back