• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

ABX Goes on Strike

pilotyip

Total Time
Heard this morning that the ABX pilots walked on the job. The Atlas, Kalitta, and Polar pilots are honoring the pickets lines. This puts a big bind on Amazon as the peak shipping season arrives. There is no spare lift at UPS or FedEx, both of them are running close to last year's peak right now.

bafanguy

Total Time
yip,

Forgive my ignorance of the details, but how are the Atlas, Kalitta, and Polar pilots related to ABX pilots unionwise that allows them to honor picket lines ?

pilotyip

Total Time
yip,

Forgive my ignorance of the details, but how are the Atlas, Kalitta, and Polar pilots related to ABX pilots unionwise that allows them to honor picket lines ?
They are all hauling DHL air cargo, so all of the contracted airlines, well almost have elected to not cross the line. Preventing DHL from shifting from air carrier to another.

bafanguy

Total Time
So, there's some debate about the legality of this strike ? And there's a court hearing about that today ?

acpilot

I am...PROFESSOR FATE!
Total Time
+/-MMM
My contacts at DHL are claiming that it's illegal.

Is this a legit "working conditions" strike or a greed strike? Holding holiday deliveries hostage...stay classy ABX!

bafanguy

Total Time
This whole episode has gone rather silent. No further info from the pilots ?