ABX Furloughing Again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aviatrix767

I saw on "another board" that ABX is going to be furloughing again? Does anyone have any info regarding this furlough? How many? When?

What? We have a few former ABXR's here and they were recalling them not too long ago??? Is a good thing none of them took it! What a messed up industry this is

What? We have a few former ABXR's here and they were recalling them not too long ago??? Is a good thing none of them took it! What a messed up industry this is

Word is about 30 will be furloughed from ABX. :(

I saw on "another board" that ABX is going to be furloughing again? Does anyone have any info regarding this furlough? How many? When?

Don't want to post something that could be incorrect or bad timing, so I won't repost the actual document. But the announcement was from 1224 EXCO regarding notification from VP Flt Ops.

Check your Union email Trixy.

Don't like to see anyone lose their jobs and I know some folks over here were hoping to come home.

FAJ

Any bets now that ATI will recall?

If ATI recalls now and this is just a work shift punishment.......

Single list is the only way out of this whip saw nastyness.

Glad i am not caught up in this typical management reaction to not getiing there own way.

No disrespect intended, but are these furloughs due to the loss of DHL flying to Atlas?

Who really knows? It certainly could be. There are a few different stories circulating. Regardless, it's gotta be particularly frustrating for legacy ABXers currently furloughed, who may have had their hopes raised over what looked like some chance of being recalled, up until now.

As far as ATI furloughing, this one came from left field. Its effective date was extended to next week (I think...), but the timing of it really raises some suspicion. My gut says being overmanned is at best an excuse, not a reason.

Latest resources

Back