ABX Astar Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ABXbooger

Heard from a fairly reliable source (and multiple others) that DHL is going to announce this week that ABX will be the "preferred" provider of airlift for domestic freight and Astar will become the "preferred" provider of airlift for international freight.

I think this is good for ABX, was wondering what Astar people thought of this. See you all in ILN soon.

"I think this is good for ABX, was wondering what Astar people thought of this. "

DAH!! 200 airplanes domestic, 50 International. Oh yea and were going to replace, NWA, Luftansa, and Cathy on the long hauls. Don't ask such stupid questions.

On a side note, congrats on your recall.

Last edited:
thanks on the recall, after 2.5 years, it's hard to believe it is happening.

As far as the domestic vs. international, any idea how many flights of each Fedex and UPS have?

This is just a rumor, but is does come from a "official" source, we'll see.

2.5 yrs, yea thats awhile.

I don't think the airlines will be strictly domestic or strictly international, what worries me is cabotage and when it will happen. If one airline is the perfered carrier one could stand to lose alot of routes to foreign carriers from the country in which we would go ( mainly Canada and Mexico). Not good. I was hopeful they would split the international and domestic routes between the 2 airlines evenly.

Do you guys have very many route authorities for foreign routes?

I think I´d like to tell John Fellows and DHL to kiss my lilly white......

Not a lot of ambiguity there.

ABXbooger said:
Heard from a fairly reliable source (and multiple others) that DHL is going to announce this week that ABX will be the "preferred" provider of airlift for domestic freight and Astar will become the "preferred" provider of airlift for international freight.

I think this is good for ABX, was wondering what Astar people thought of this. See you all in ILN soon.
so where is the announcement????

What do you mean? Didn't you hear/ see it?

Funny thing about rumors, they usually tend to be just that. I never claimed anything than it was a rumor. Still might happen.

UPSer said:
What happened to Fathead? Is he really demoted to F/O forever?
Yep, that's the sentence. Of course, "forever" is somewhat less than two years since he's already 58. I think, though I'm not sure, that the during of the demotion was two years so it wouldn't have been permanant if he had been younger.

For those who haven't heard the story, "fathead" is a very senior B767 Captain who has been very vocal in his opposition to the FFDO program. There was a previous incident regarding an FFDO and he was counseled by management that he could not deny an FFDO the jumpseat soley because they were an FFDO. Recently he had an FFDO scheduled as a P1 (highest priority) jumpseat rider from PHX-ILN and he would not allow him to ride, leaving him behind.

All of this info I received through third parties so there could be errors.

We currently have another Captain, in the DC9 this time, who's on administrative leave do to his harrassing his F/O who is an FFDO. The disposition of his case has yet to be announced. I have heard this story directly from the FFDO involved.

Who was the Airborne guy who predicted that they would get San Juan, Puerto Rico back? Obviously you have a reliable source. I am afraid to ask. What other changes are coming down the pipe?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back