Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

F/O

Smells like....
Logic would say so. What does everybody think?

Last edited:

Uh, yeah. Just like all those jobs it created in the passenger operations when they reduced capacity. :cool: Logic is a foreign concept to the aviation industry.

Last edited:

Sorry... but I wouldn't count on it... at least not very many. UPS will somehow make do with less if history is any indicator.

UPS says we're overstaffed as it is and the immediate plan is to return some "frozen" DC-8's from storage, not freeze others and add a few new airframes. The vast majority of the volume will simply be "absorbed" into the UPS "collective" (trucks, rail, acft).

My guess is a significant percentage of DHL express product will never see a UPS acft as they are masters of intermodal transport while maintaining guarantees. (UPS is the single largest user of the US rail system.)

My sincere sympathies to all the professional pilots at ABX and ASTAR... you've been good friends on the road and very supportive of the IPA in our times of need. Trust me when I say no one at the IPA is gloating over the current situation, quite the opposite. :(

Fraternally,

BBB

My sincere sympathies to all the professional pilots at ABX and ASTAR... you've been good friends on the road and very supportive of the IPA in our times of need. Trust me when I say no one at the IPA is gloating over the current situation, quite the opposite. :(

Fraternally,

BBB

Nicely put BBB, I don't think are going to be any winners in this.

Fraternally,

BBB

BBB I whole heartedly agree. UPS will absorb this into the system, the average line guy will see little change. This is a huge bummer ABX/ ASTAR dudes.

Logic and aviation rarely travel the same path for any measureable value of time or distance...and while your supposition may have some validity in an expanding economy that is not the case now.

Does anyone know if UPS, FEDEX, or other airlines frown on pilots that have been flying for foreign carriers?
UPS loves Cathay, JAL, ANA CArgo, etc pilots... At least it looks that way based on where many new hires came from (until we stopped hiring that is)

Latest resources

Back