ABX and CHI?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow there is a .25 cent word!

One should never use a $.05 word where a $.25 or better yet a $.50 cent word will do. :D

Our various unions really need to get together now and compare notes. Ideally, we all need to be in the same union. At the very least, we all need to present the same contract proposals to management, and get mirror agreements.

Last edited:
Good thoughts,but...

Good thoughts about the same union,but I am sure there are some who wouldn't want to be in the same local as you guys for several reasons.Number one being that we are all still very,very separate companies even though ABX owns all of us. Many would say "I'll bet they will take good care of the red-headed step-children who fly at much cheaper rates". (Not our fault ,entirely. Getting money out of this company is like getting blood out of a stone). Number 2 reason is that Cappy just joined ALPA and that would be hard to reverse.I agree that all of us being Teamsters would make any dealings in the future a whole lot easier. As far as mirror contracts and wages,be careful what you ask for...you may end up with a mirror image of ours! The only way I ever see any parity is if they merge all the airlines together,and I think that will be a cold day in Hell when that happens...Just my opinion...

Funny how everyone is talking about one union, more rights but not one single person is wondering if "tomorrow" there will have a job.
I would raise different questions.
Will ABX keep all 3 companies or just one? Will the 3 companies be in the same structure and number of employees and for how long? Will the 3 companies grow or reduce? ETC...ETC
What about make sure to have a job first, second companies make money, keep the cost down, no downsizing, there is enough business and growth and after that talk about more money and some other issues. Wish you only well to everyone.

Good thoughts about the same union,but I am sure there are some who wouldn't want to be in the same local as you guys for several reasons.Number one being that we are all still very,very separate companies even though ABX owns all of us. Many would say "I'll bet they will take good care of the red-headed step-children who fly at much cheaper rates". (Not our fault ,entirely. Getting money out of this company is like getting blood out of a stone). Number 2 reason is that Cappy just joined ALPA and that would be hard to reverse.I agree that all of us being Teamsters would make any dealings in the future a whole lot easier. As far as mirror contracts and wages,be careful what you ask for...you may end up with a mirror image of ours! The only way I ever see any parity is if they merge all the airlines together,and I think that will be a cold day in Hell when that happens...Just my opinion...

I have little doubt our mutual management at ABX Holding will make that play. Graber has already told us that in the future aircraft will go where they can make the most money. Upper management is already set to pit one pilot group against the other. The real race to the bottom will begin shortly unless we can all get together.

>>>>>>>>>>>Upper management is already set to pit one pilot group against the other. The real race to the bottom will begin shortly unless we can all get together.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Too late for that. This is the beginning of the end. I for one am keeping my options open. Original ABX pilots including me better hope DHL continues to use ABX for a long long time or we will all be working for half.

The Teamster scope language with respect to the other 2 airlines joining the family (ABX umbrella) is actually pretty clear. You can be 100% sure that the Ford&Harrison boys will come up with some whacking angle for why it doesn't apply in this case.

After the Nosaka Domicile case, I have come to understand there is no thing as air tight cases.

The Teamster scope language with respect to the other 2 airlines joining the family (ABX umbrella) is actually pretty clear. You can be 100% sure that the Ford&Harrison boys will come up with some whacking angle for why it doesn't apply in this case.

After the Nosaka Domicile case, I have come to understand there is no thing as air tight cases.

I thought F&H's scrivner's error excuse was pretty lame. The judge made it pretty clear he wasn't buying it. OTOH, he did jump on the CBA language to kick the thing out of his court and into someone else's hands.

No telling what F&H will come up with on scope.

>>>>>>>>>>>Upper management is already set to pit one pilot group against the other. The real race to the bottom will begin shortly unless we can all get together.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Too late for that. This is the beginning of the end. I for one am keeping my options open. Original ABX pilots including me better hope DHL continues to use ABX for a long long time or we will all be working for half.

Neah, not quite "half" but close.

Latest resources

Back