ABX Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GoABX said:
Are all these little knit-picky details on reserve rules, duty times etc. really that important? If you had a copy of our contract, would it some how effect your decision?

5 years ago all these details might be relevant when we ranked 8-9 in industry pay. Now ABX is #1 for what we fly. (We haven't moved everyone else went into the sh1tter.)

The fact is from an (overall) pay perspective we are the third best game in town. If you look at QOL some could make the argument ABX is number 1.

Besides UPS/FDX whom are you going to hold out for?

If you are interested, update your paper and get it in.

Yes, they are important, but no, they would not sway my decision to come there. Maybe I just like to know what i'm getting into the first year so I can plan accordingly, since it will be a paycut for me the first year there. And since I do not have a copy of your contract in my hand, I have to ask questions, which is why i'm on here, to find out such information.

People are saying that the Chief Pilots are taking walk-in resumes but I haven't heard that from any chief pilots nor from anyone who actually walked one in. All third-hand info.

GoABX said:
Are all these little knit-picky details on reserve rules, duty times etc. really that important? If you had a copy of our contract, would it some how effect your decision?

If you are interested, update your paper and get it in.

Dosent make that big of a difference to me, If I were offered the job I would leave my current job tomorrow!

How does one update their info? This place is my "dream" job, the "holy grail" for me. If I could get on with you guys, I'd throw away my resume.

I realize I stated this a few weeks ago, but two of the chief pilots talked to my class during recurrent and stated they were accepting resumes,they're just not sending out applications. The lifetime of a resume is in the one month timeframe.
They, at this time, do give more weight to hand carried "I know this guy" resumes. I'm sure this would immediately cease with a threatened or real lawsuit regarding this practice.

scarface said:
I realize I stated this a few weeks ago, but two of the chief pilots talked to my class during recurrent and stated they were accepting resumes,they're just not sending out applications. The lifetime of a resume is in the one month timeframe.
They, at this time, do give more weight to hand carried "I know this guy" resumes. I'm sure this would immediately cease with a threatened or real lawsuit regarding this practice.

What's the best way to get a resume in? I realize I'm certainly not competitive yet, but I figure it's best for them to start seeing my name as early as possible since I meet the mins. :) Is email best, or maybe a fax?

Regular snail mail is fine. Wouldn't recommend FedExing it. It's been done,by the way.
I certainly can't speak for the hiring gurus, but judging by your profile you are most competitive. Regional drivers know the importance of on time performance and glass jet pilots aren't in the "what's it doing now?" way of thinking; like I was(am).

How is it being a dispatcher for ABX? I might have a interview

What are the min TT, PIC, multi, etc.? Is there any conversion for military time. I need all the help I can get.

The mins are on the ABX Air website but I'll give it a go. Since you're military it's 2000TT,1000ME, and 500 turbine as well as a multi engine ATP. There are quite a few P-3 drivers at ABX so you don't need that much help.
ABX used to accept the military conversion factor but don't know the current policy.

Latest resources

Back