• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX 767 Japan Crew Base

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
New contract, flying ANA airplanes, the B767 I believe...

Hate to see what happens the first time someone gets JM'ed for a 30 day pop in Japan........One word......fatigued.

But seriously....congrats guys.

Per the Saturday night hotline, this looks probable. Think anybody will bid it?

I know one who's planning to bid it, but obviously anxious to see details.

I know at least one furloughed guy who's interested, too.

That's 2, how many do we need?

That should be more than enough.

This is yet another instance of the Company putting forth an idea which has received maybe 5 minutes of consideration to the details. A Domicile out of the US must first be negotiated and the list of details would be long indeed (whole new health insurance network, moving expenses/logistics to include vehicles, overseas househunting trips...)

The crew base concept is most likely a negotiation tactic....I wouldn't worry about it too much. Most probably they would hire into that base over the long term for the reasons everyone is bringing up. But clearly the company has given away a vital piece of information in proposing it.

I hope perduim is more than 2.00usd an hour. janpan is a nice place but your gonna spend money

But clearly the company has given away a vital piece of information in proposing it.

Yeah, after all the rumors it's nice to have some "official" communication.
Contract says the Company will notify the Union of its decision (to open a new domicile) "as soon as possible." So this seems to check that box. Personally, I'm enthused about this but I agree that there are many, many important details to work out before it can fly.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back