About to take the DX written Thursday

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OneBadLT123

Well, I have been pounding the ASA book, and the Sheppard Air ATP stuff, but I was wondering what everyone's tests were like, and if there are any pointers or tricks one can recommend?

Thanks in advance guys. I am a little nervous, as a lot of this stuff is pretty intense question wise.

First...good luck.

Next, I'd say the best way is to review the test questions in the ASA book. If you got the CD-ROM too, take the practice tests over and over...it's very similar to what you'll take for the FAA test. Just relax, take your time, and then forget everything after you pass. Remember, anything over 70% on the test is just showing off! What matters is you passed...employers don't care what you got on the test as long as you have the piece of plastic that says "Aircraft Dispatcher".

Enjoy.

Ahh the ADX Test

Firstly don't panic. . Don't even worry about the time and let your training material work for you.

I was the only non-aviator in my class at AGS and they were mostly freaking out about linking the aviation stuff back to the dispatch stuff. Read carefully and consider what makes sense.

Thats how I earned my plastic card..

Midnight Brit.

Well guys, I just got done taking the test and I passed with flying colors! I ended up scoring a 93 on the test. I missed one of the deicing fluid questions (what temp on 2 step process) one approach chart question, one high mins captain question, and a couple other ones. Fuel burn or something.

Sucks for one of my friends though, he was taking the DX test as well in another room and ended up failing the test by one question. His score was a 69. Boy was he pissed. I really feel bad for him cause we both tried and studied our asses off. hes a non pilot and said he had a hard time on the approach-departure plate questions

Last edited:
Congrats...

You can officially forget everything you studied now. When you go to an airline, they'll "re-train" you on applicable FAR's, company policies, etc. Good luck in your job search (if you don't have something lined up already).

Congrats... your part of an elite group..

THATS TOUGHER NOW THAN THE TEST.... Just courious, what did your school tell you about the current new hire market for dispatchers?

Last edited:
They mainly talked about the regionals coming up and snatching up DX'ers from the school. The last class they had, 3 of the 5 went to Pinnacle and the rest went over to Compass. Weather they actually went, I dont know. They give you job placement assistance, but of course nothing is guaranteed. Right now, our instructor is a DX over as Mesaba, and he said they are looking to have a initial training class coming up some time over the next few months.

Currently I am located in MSP, so of course I got the NWA/Airlink connections over here. As far as other air carriers, no idea because they mainly deal with the airlink guys.

Last edited:
Just because you passed the written test, doesn't make you a Dispatcher.
Yeah I am still going through the ground schooling right now.

Latest resources

Back