• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

? about the Glideslope

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Recently I was landing at RDU. I noticed the glideslope was telling me that I was coming in low. But the VASI/PAPI was indicating that I was right on the mark. As I got to about 50 feet above the TDZE, the 'helpful voice told me Glideslope,' but the VASI/PAPI said I was right on path. Has anyone had this situation b4? At no time did the Captain step in, nor did he say anything to me after the landing. Is it the aircraft/airport landing system? Or do I just suck balls and need to improve my skills. I'm still relatively new to the a/c.

If you look on the plate, you will see the threshold crossing height is 56' if you stay on the ILS, whereas if you are on the vasi, they are usually set up for you to cross the threshold at 50'. A lot of ILS/vasi's have a difference like that. That is why a lot of ops specs have you add 15% for low vis approaches, since you will be landing farther down on the ILS glideslope.

I really wish the glideslope aural warning would be disabled below decision height. What's the point other than an annoyance.

Seriously! I know!

I hate the "glideslope!" aural warning. Then followed by [whoop whoop] PULL UP! [whoop whoop] PULL UP!

It's like, shut up already! I know what I'm doing! :smash:

Seriously! I know!

I hate the "glideslope!" aural warning. Then followed by [whoop whoop] PULL UP! [whoop whoop] PULL UP!

It's like, shut up already! I know what I'm doing! :smash:

Especially since the FA in the front as well as the first 2 rows of passengers just ******************** themselves when they hear that through the cockpit door.

Latest resources

Back