? about Spirit Jumpseat.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

meanstreak

I'm planning on jumpseating on Spirit out of FLL to Nassau next week. I'm traveling with a F/A who says they usually charge them $25 per leg. She was told this by some friends but this is our first time traveling on you guys so I'm not sure. My second question, is the jumpseat free for pilots or does the $25 fee apply. Also, do you have to pay the taxes first before you show up to the gate or can you pay them there. The reason I ask is because I'm coming from ATL and I'm pretty sure we'll have to go through security again since I'm riding Airtran down. Thanks

Oh bye the way, the Atlantis is offering 50% off to airline employees right now. It's still kind of expensive but the place looks insane!!

meanstreak said:
I'm planning on jumpseating on Spirit out of FLL to Nassau next week. I'm traveling with a F/A who says they usually charge them $25 per leg. She was told this by some friends but this is our first time traveling on you guys so I'm not sure. My second question, is the jumpseat free for pilots or does the $25 fee apply. Also, do you have to pay the taxes first before you show up to the gate or can you pay them there. The reason I ask is because I'm coming from ATL and I'm pretty sure we'll have to go through security again since I'm riding Airtran down. Thanks

Oh bye the way, the Atlantis is offering 50% off to airline employees right now. It's still kind of expensive but the place looks insane!!

Spirit does require the jumpseater to pay all applicable international taxes (I believe this to be true for most if not all airlines on international flights). You can pay the taxes with cash or credit card at the gate. Check-in should be one hour in advance for international flights. Of course, domestic jumpseats are free and unlimited to all. Off-line pilots are even allowed to sit in the extra flight attendant jumpseats. Spirit is a CASS participant.

I hope you have a great trip. I think personally that we are a great company to jumpseat. we always take as manyt as we can. I was unaware of any fees, however, a modest fee would not be out of the question to help cover international taxes...ill try to check on that for you
MD

Latest resources

Back