About ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Old Crow

Just thought I'd give a little insight about the ASA pilot group. For the most part we're just like you. Very few are from the South. I may be the only one. Many pilots that are here might as well be working for SkyWest. Prior to working for ASA about 5 years ago, I was sceptical because of the poor reputation the company had in the public eye. However, one suprising miscalculation was how impressive the pilot group was trained and operated. I seriously doubt that there is a better pilot group out there. The bitterness that you have experienced from ASA people stems from the morale that exists within our company as a whole. The managment group at ASA continues to operate like the old days where the airplanes just so happen to require "people". I believe they fear to reward employees because they might enjoy it enough to stay. Enough said. I think we all hope Skywest will replace some of the day to day business practices and foster a friendly work environment.

I was speaking to a SkyWest ramper a few weaks ago about all of this and she sumed it up well. "The only difference in ASA and Skywest is that we like our jobs."

I look forward to working with all of you.

Its hard to do that when the 'current acting big wig', makes it a point to tell us that "this is NOT a career airline, we dont want people to stay a long time"

One thing I noticed while we were flying out of slc was how smooth the ramp operation is. If they could do the same thing in atl, that would help alot! I'm not sure how much of the cluster in atl is due to low morale and how much is due to atl congestion though.

Old Crow said:
Just thought I'd give a little insight about the ASA pilot group. For the most part we're just like you. Very few are from the South. I may be the only one. Many pilots that are here might as well be working for SkyWest. Prior to working for ASA about 5 years ago, I was sceptical because of the poor reputation the company had in the public eye. However, one suprising miscalculation was how impressive the pilot group was trained and operated. I seriously doubt that there is a better pilot group out there. The bitterness that you have experienced from ASA people stems from the morale that exists within our company as a whole. The managment group at ASA continues to operate like the old days where the airplanes just so happen to require "people". I believe they fear to reward employees because they might enjoy it enough to stay. Enough said. I think we all hope Skywest will replace some of the day to day business practices and foster a friendly work environment.

I was speaking to a SkyWest ramper a few weaks ago about all of this and she sumed it up well. "The only difference in ASA and Skywest is that we like our jobs."

I look forward to working with all of you.

Well said, and very accurate. I for one, wish I could retire my Molotov cocktails.

ATR-DRIVR said:
You and me both! Hey, then I can get the deposit for the bottles!!!

Now that's funny:)

Just as an example from being a former ramper with our company, they are extremely hard on the rampers for making sure the plane goes out on time. We also try very hard to make sure it happens. Like taking the inititive to tell about 3 people we're ready to board if nothing happens after telling the first two. The ramp, then the gate, then ops. If everyone knows, then theres no reason for them not to board. Don't get me wrong, things aren't always rosey, but I must truly admit, the only thing that I dread when coming to work is the drive I have to make to get to base. Which is about 1 to 1.5 hours depending on traffic. Oh yeah, and the current heat in the summer time going to palm springs or vegas. Doh!

Latest resources

Back