• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Abort net for jungle ops.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sounds like you guys were a mishap looking for a place to happen.

I've hauled heavily loaded 206's out of all kinds of short strips in canyons and over and around obstacles, but your description smacked of carelessness and a foolhardy attitude. Lost the aircraft...hardly comes as a shock.

What failed (other than the operators)?

Really quite irrelevant. You wanted a safety net for a runway too short, with a nutty idea for arresting gear for a Cessna (having rejected the even less brilliant idea of "jato bottles"), then destroyed the aircraft using an inexperienced pilot (you??)...and appear reluctant to reveal what this "mechanical" problem was. Were you doing your own maintenance, as well? If by saaaaaame, you mean I haven't destroyed any airplanes lately...you'd be right. To bad you can't say the saaaaaame, isn't it?

Wow...
While the esteemed Mr. 'bug continues on a somewhat flatulent discourse of blame-shame-flame, I would invite anyone else to visit our website or go to IAMAnet.org to see what other organizations are doing. Most are little-known to the greater aviation community, but they are all serving in their own way. That is what matters.

Hopefully they're doing it a little more safely than you. Having spent several years doing missionary work myself, I've little tolerance for those who do it stupidly or with abandon.

Inconsequential. I didn't destroy your aircraft. Apparently your folks did that. Once again, how did this happen, exactly?

You have little tolerance for anybody.

God's gift to aviation. Oh, sorry, he thinks he is a god.:rolleyes:

He know's some technical things, I'll give him that. He lacks the heart tho...
Pappy wouldn't approve of him!!! There's an army of Avbugs tho..........................................................................................................

Latest resources

Back