Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AAI & WN.....what's that gonna look like?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dude

Primer oficial
I am just curious. Let's say that a fair integration is negotiated and everybody's happy.........which union stays? SWAPA that represents 6000, or ALPA that represents 1600?

WN and AAI guys, what say you?

I JS to BWI every week. The Air Tran crews are always great. But, you can keep ALPA, I wouldn't want any part of it. SWAPA all the way.

I am just curious. Let's say that a fair integration is negotiated and everybody's happy.........which union stays? SWAPA that represents 6000, or ALPA that represents 1600?

WN and AAI guys, what say you?

SWAPA would never agree to the integration we would demand, so this is just mental masturbation anyway. But, to answer your question, it's right on the borderline of whether a representational vote would be required by the NMB or not. If AAI shrunk any or WN grew a bit, then a vote wouldn't even be required, and we would be stuck with SWAPA. Otherwise, it would go to an NMB vote of the combined group to determine which union stayed. You can bet we'd fight as hard as we could to convince SWA pilots to vote for ALPA.

You could use my patented, proven method...

You invert the WN list, and staple it to the bottom of the FL list.
You've just made 75% of the guys happy, which is a damn sight better than any arbitrator or judge could do.

Relative seniority.
Since there are about 1700 pilots at AAi and 59oo pilots at SWA you merge the list 4:1. You start when the senior pilot started at AAI and work down until you staple the rest.

You cannot expect the senior AAI that was hired in 1995 to be the number 2 at SWA where the senior guy has been there for 30+ years.

If the take over a carrier in BK then you staple just like F9. That is all they should get. They should be thankful to keep a job.

Latest resources

Back