• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

AAI boards more pax on less seats!

gt1900

Total Time
Looks like AAI had a good month. We boarded 6,000 more pax with more then 160,000 less seats then in the same quarter of 2008. Load factor rose from 73.9% to 80.4%.......... While everyone else is hurting AAI is starting to turn around, in a big way....... Well....... Show me the money. Alaska rates +2% should be about right!!!!

meanstreak

Total Time
Alaska rates would be nice, but since we don't fly 737-900's don't hold your breath.

Colonel Savage

Southern style...
Total Time
NoTime
AAI could order -800/900's from Boeing instead of more -700's when the time comes. I'm sure Boeing would oblige. Would then be easier to justify the higher payrate for the 737, though only incrementally because getting a different rate for the -700 vs. the -800/900 would be difficult. Management would want to blend the two.

Wesb737fo

Total Time
Absolutely,

I see no differential in pay at Alaska between the 737-700,-800, or -900 so apparently it makes no difference as far as their management is concerned. I think we should aim higher. I hope our negotiating committee is paying attention.

BTW, I do see alot of griping from Alaska guys about those very same TA pay rates.

DontFeedTheBear

Total Time
7000+
Looks like AAI had a good month. We boarded 6,000 more pax with more then 160,000 less seats then in the same quarter of 2008. Load factor rose from 73.9% to 80.4%.......... While everyone else is hurting AAI is starting to turn around, in a big way....... Well....... Show me the money. Alaska rates +2% should be about right!!!!

Don't sell yourselves short, go industry leading, SWA+!!!! All rates are still below what was paid prior to concessionary industry contracts!

Yogi

Colonel Savage

Southern style...
Total Time
NoTime
If they bought 800/900's the extra seats would increase revenue/profits. That would make the case for higher pay rates/contractual improvements easier to make.

DonVerita

Total Time
10000+
Don't sell yourselves short, go industry leading, SWA+!!!! All rates are still below what was paid prior to concessionary industry contracts!

Yogi
Exactly!!

Plus retro pay.

The NC better deliver this or be prepared for another no vote on the next T/A. That would be 3 in a row. Next would be a strike; no doubt about it with the solidarity we have now from the ALPA merger coupled with the continued intimidation and harrassment by Management.

V1rowt8

Total Time
Enough

Umm... I hope you meant Southwest and not Alaska.

Ty Webb

Hostage to Fortune
Total Time
11000+
Oops . . . . I thought this string was about AAI management water-boarding pilots . . . . probably for wearing ALPA-issued lanyards. :laugh:

scarlet

Total Time
Don=Strike EVERYONE LOSES !!!

Why not just do as ASA did and go to 35% on time--12 days later, TA.

Control the throttles, and love those seats in the back that shows metal?? The cushions just slid out on most seats on most aircraft.

Now the lanyards.. lets see how everyone takes this

scrub

Total Time
7:58pm
I normally don't wear a lanyard and was very disappointed to see most guys wearing the Airtran lanyard, come on guys grow a set of balls, I am going to start to wear one and hope the rest of you do to and quit being scared of mgt, lets get on the same solidarity page!!!!!!

Clyde Frog

Total Time
AAI could order -800/900's from Boeing instead of more -700's when the time comes. I'm sure Boeing would oblige. Would then be easier to justify the higher payrate for the 737, though only incrementally because getting a different rate for the -700 vs. the -800/900 would be difficult. Management would want to blend the two.

Our agreement with Boeing allows us to convert current -700 orders to -800 orders with 18 months notice. Current contract already has a 13% pay over ride for -800's.

Colonel Savage

Southern style...
Total Time
NoTime
Our agreement with Boeing allows us to convert current -700 orders to -800 orders with 18 months notice. Current contract already has a 13% pay over ride for -800's.

Well there ya go then. Get 'em to get some -800's! Problem solved, more revenue and a payraise!

PCL_128

Total Time
5000+
Alaska rates would be nice, but since we don't fly 737-900's don't hold your breath.

Anything less than ALA + 1% + retro would be completely unacceptable.

BILL LUMBERG

Total Time
9 to 5
careful....Keep up this talk and they'll point across to another ATL concourse and say you make more than them and they do the same job.....Seen it happen before......(TIC)

ALA is a good bar....

Kenney G

Total Time
Don=Strike EVERYONE LOSES !!!

Why not just do as ASA did and go to 35% on time--12 days later, TA.

Control the throttles, and love those seats in the back that shows metal?? The cushions just slid out on most seats on most aircraft.

Now the lanyards.. lets see how everyone takes this

Good luck with that. They have to be the weakest pilot group out there. I agree at this point almost 5 years into this something needs to be done. That would be a good step.