• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

scoreboard

Please keep moving...
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Press Release Source: American Airlines

Statement of American Airlines Regarding Service From Dallas Love Field
Wednesday November 30, 6:29 pm ET

FORT WORTH, Texas, Nov. 30 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Following up on its recent meeting with Dallas Love Field Airport officials, American Airlines today formally notified the airport that it intends to start service from Love Field as soon as it can obtain and prepare appropriate facilities.
This decision was prompted by the President's signing into law the 2006 Transportation Appropriations bill and the subsequent exemption of Missouri from Wright Amendment restrictions.

American does not have a schedule to announce today. As plans are finalized, a full schedule-change announcement will be forthcoming.
[/FONT]

I think that AA is letting their ego over rule good business sense. They are a network carrier. That is their strength. DFW is their fortress hub, and as such needs to be feed. It now looks as if they are going to cut off their own noses to spite SWA's face. I really thought that Arpey was smarter than this.

:)

AA wants to get all of those AAdvantage members that live in Dallas. I wonder how many former TWA loyalists from St. Louis will ride AA to Love and how many will go with Southwest?

I also saw that news - looks like we're gonna get head to head competition one way or another. I'd hoped it would be at DFW, but this works too!

Hamburgler said:
I also saw that news - looks like we're gonna get head to head competition one way or another. I'd hoped it would be at DFW, but this works too!

They had head to head competition already at LUV. AA first went in and matched all of the DAL-AUS flights with MD80s. Their load factor was around 27% on those flights. SWAs was aroun 80ish and the AUS flights are always pretty packed much to my nonreving dismay

Latest resources

Back