AA S-80 fuel contamination, lots of cncld flts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Haven't heard about the PBI bird.

The fuel contam thing is true. Yes, we did have a flameout last year on approach into ORD, this was with an -80 that was still indicating about 5K or 6Klbs of fuel remaining.... when they parked and "sticked" one of the tanks, it was EMPTY!

We've gotten recent notices that certain tail numbers that have had Fuel Filter Press lights are being pulled into Mtx to correct this possible "paint chip" fuel contam problem.

I had this same thing happen to me many years ago at Midway Airlines. Halfway between Chicago and Minneapolis we had one fuel tank indicator stick at 7000#. We kept an eye on it the rest of the flight and the trim was pretty much normal so we thought it was just a gage problem. On landing roll out we got a Fuel Low pressure light come on. We dripped the tanks and one tank was completely empty! It seems McDonnell Douglass.........opps Boeing has had allot of those problems!

Friggin' Wikipedia...that's not quite what I meant, but if it fits I'll take the credit! I knew that was a secondary definition, but didn't realize that Wikipedia had decided it was the only use of the word. Glad I didn't say repousse!

Let's try a reference site for grown ups: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/frottage

Friggin' Wikipedia...that's not quite what I meant, but if it fits I'll take the credit! I knew that was a secondary definition, but didn't realize that Wikipedia had decided it was the only use of the word. Glad I didn't say repousse!

Let's try a reference site for grown ups: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/frottage

If a word has any definition that applies whatsoever to anything sexual, that is the primary definition. Anyone with a vocab diverse enough to use frottage should know that, so as to not incite unsolicited Beavis and/or Butthead responses...

Pardon me for just quickly skimming this thread, but this is what I've come up with so far:

Someone was rubbing his/her tailpipe against others for sexual gratification and due to a fuel contamination problem, flamed out. Is that the gist of it?

Pardon me for just quickly skimming this thread, but this is what I've come up with so far:

Someone was rubbing his/her tailpipe against others for sexual gratification and due to a fuel contamination problem, flamed out. Is that the gist of it?

You said tailpipe.....

That gives your avatar a whole new meaning....

"Reverse Sensing":):):)

Latest resources

Back