• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

AA rescinds former job offer.

bigsky

Total Time
I guess it comes as no surprise-other than it took almost a year to get the official "better luck next time" letter. No mention as to whether we must reapply- although knowing AMR they will want that $100 to help return to profitability.

Jolly Roger

Total Time
10000+
What do you mean.... were you hired and then told thanks for playing?... or did it take this long to send you any correspondance at all? BTW, I heard the HR folks shut down as the walls came down...

I was conditionally hired, and was looking at an Oct 2001 class date... never did get any official word, or any word for that matter. I suppose I might have gotten the same letter you must have, but have since changed my address.

Maybe I ought to update my file; closure is good, right?...

Last edited:

bigsky

Total Time
Yes I had a conditional offer of employment-probably same class as you! Yesterday they finally sent the letter saying they dont think they will be hiring. (what a shock)
Good luck updating as I heard that the office was unmanned.

codguy

Total Time
Stupid me didn't look at any other posts first befor starting my own. I also had a job offer from AAL for a sept class date. Yesterday I recieved a letter from AAL dated July 19 saying the offer for employment was rescinded, but to attach the letter to any future correspondence to the company. Maybe they'll take $5.00 off the app price next time. The fact that it was the only time I've heard from them since cancelling the class has me a bit torqued too. Even United, which is in the worst shape of all the majors save USAIR has been able to e-mail once every few months to say that business sucks but hang in there. Just more good news.

Fly em safe