• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA recall rumors/gossip

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, you have it wrong. When 49% or less of a carrier--either union represented or not--is acquired/merged, whatever--then the Bond/McCaskill legislation does not apply.

In all other instances a right of arbitration is the minimum...whether union represented or not.

stlflyguy

So lets pretend AMR buys 49% of jetblue. Why would there be any integration of pilot seniority lists?

This has to be one of the worst threads going. Talk about thread drift.

It started out with AA recalls and then moved into a my cock is bigger than yours because of the size of my type rating and now a discussion on a SLI for a fantasy merger.

I guess I made it drift even further with my pointless comment.

Anyway, aren't the moderators supposed to shut down any thread that drifts into SLI topics.

Does anybody seriously expect JetBlue pilots to get anything other than DOH or OTB of the seniority list?

Well, you know, AA is a struggling carrier...being eclipsed in size by many of its peers....and is giving up in markets that it can't compete in.... :rolleyes:

AA717driver said:
P.S.--When I was looking at Emirates, they wouldn't accept GV/GIV PIC time. I understand. If that's the biggest airplane you've flown, you ARE a risk for training failure compared to some guy with 3,000 hours of 737 time. There IS a difference.

TC,

There have been many pilots hired by Emirates who have flown nothing larger than a 53,000lb CRJ-200...which is 20k lbs lighter than a G-IV, let alone a G-V. Perhaps they were hired under different hiring conditions than when you were looking, but none that I know had any trouble during their widebody initial training.

If Emirates want 121 PIC then that's fine...but "aircraft size" alone doesn't tell the whole story.

PS - airplane detailer left me a bottle of Woodford as a thanks for our business this year, I'll raise a highball to you ;)

How many does AA want to recall and for what reason?

AA decided against buying another carrier. From what I hear AA is planning on massive growth similar to the 80's. They are looking at reducing their costs and seniority from the expansion. The timing should be good since SouthWest is becoming a high cost airline. More 787's, 777's, 737's, C-Series on the way. Time to Captain should come down to 3 years for C-Series, 5 for 737, and 10 for 777 in the future.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back