• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

satpak77

Marriott Platinum Member
Just wondering, but I heard that

- AA called 300 guys and only 30 came back to work

- More guys older than 50 than younger. Possibly 10 guys max younger than 40. Many hitting 60+ in the ranks

I heard from a crew...rumors of hiring off the street next spring/summer because of the low return rate.

I think they said the average age of AA is 50+ (53 pops in my head)
10% return rate for the recalls

I thought there were a ton of guys coming over from Eagle? Is that not a done deal?

I thought there were a ton of guys coming over from Eagle? Is that not a done deal?

~180 guys have decided to go to AA from AE, there are 254 more that can chose yes or no, but havent been given the option yet. After all the AA furloughees have been offered recall there are supposed to be 824 more AE guys coming over 1:1 with newhires off the street. This is my understanding of the situation, so someone correct me if I am wrong :)

How does reserve work at AA? Short call/long call? If so, how long is the callout for both.

It will take AA about 2 years to go through all of the furloughed pilots plus all of the AE pilots that will decide to come over. I would not expect any new hiring from the street in the next 3-4 years.

Good luck

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back