AA Plan for the pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TurboS7

This is not my fight but I see managememt going for some pretty heafty salary cuts. Also they are to layoff 2400 pilots. The problem is Carty said that all this effort will keep from an immediate BK11. The indications are that unless the market really changes in the next few months travel will have dropped to the point that they will have to file no matter what. If I were an AA guy I would think long and hard before I ratified it, especially if I am in the last 2400 and am going to get laid off anyway.

They are definitely talking some big numbers: 23% pay cut starting in may. Wonder what a 12 yr capt on narrowbody will be making.. And what year of hire will the last guy be from....Seems as though the bell is going to toll for everyone before it is all over......And it is not like they are being laid off into a booming economy....hurts all over

You almost wonder if it would be wiser to get as much as you can as fast as you can because when it is over, it is over.

Furloughs will go back to about Sep 99 for original American pilots. Ex-TWA pilots (original TWA DOH) go much farther back.

AA 12 yr Capt 737 rate: $168

AA's pre TA rates are based on an long overdue contract. Industry "standard" is more like $212 (Delta).

This TA will take an 12 yr AA 737 Capt to something like $130, assuming he holds his seat. Those Capts forced to downgrade to F/O will go to something like $95 which means more like a 40% pay cut, or way less than half of previous industry standard.

Predict:
1. More furloughs past TA numbers as domestic flying is transfered to commuters
2. After a few months, attack on pensions will continue. Gutting of A Fund and elimination of B Fund.
3. Next will be demands for concessions on Eagle contract.

Are they planning on furloughing an additional 2500 pilots or bringing the grand total to 2500?

GP

It is a rare day that I agree with TurboS7. Today is that day. Maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket.

The new TA represents 2500 more jobs, in addition to the 1078 furloughs we already have. This about 25% of our total list.

I can't wait to vote NO on this one. I wish I could vote No twice! I'd rather take my chances with an employee buy-out in bankruptcy than to let Don drive this boat any longer. But it won't matter for me, because I doubt I'll ever be recalled.

Dragin

First may I say that your statement in the other thread about SH's henchmen was without a dought, excellent!!;)

AA 12 yr Capt 737 rate: $168

AA's pre TA rates are based on an long overdue contract. Industry "standard" is more like $212 (Delta).

Just curious where this came from. I know Delta may be in that arena, but the whole industry? I honestly do not know what the number is here, so I was wondering if you could provide some additional info to make it easier to understand. I don't dought what you said is true, I just dont think the statement represents "industry standards" based on just Delta, as they are the highest paid in the industry. Thanks!

Latest resources

Back