AA Pilots, rumor control

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyer1015

Heard a rumor that AA recall rights only extend to 10 years. So if all the pilots furloughed Sept 2001, will their recall rights expire this upcoming September (2011)?

On a sidenote, I can't believe it's been almost a decade! :(

The AA recall rights have been extended indefinitely. That was when Don Carty was CEO and the company has language stating this with the APA. I cannot remember if this was part of the 2003 contract of concessions or before.

Hmm. Ok, thanks. I can't imagine how many would come back now that it has been 10 years. I'm sure most found employment elsewhere (another airline) or just left the industry entirely altogether. Of the 1800 or so, I'd be surprised if anything more than 1 in 20 accept. But, who knows?

Many of those pilots are at regionals and due to the stagnation since 2001 have not been to move on to other majors. I know a bunch of guys that will take recall when offered. Not that they want to, but they have no other option.

Agree with ACL. This was one of those historic demographics where getting hired in 98 versus 2003 made a colossal difference.

Nu

Many of those pilots are at regionals and due to the stagnation since 2001 have not been to move on to other majors. I know a bunch of guys that will take recall when offered. Not that they want to, but they have no other option.

What regional has 9/11 AA furloughees? I can't think of one at ours. Are you talking about Eagle and their flowback situation?

Flyer1015-
I can personally name an AA furlough at almost every regional.
I think it's been so long they just don't advertise it

Just flew with a check airman at my place that, turns out, still has recall rights to American. Never knew.

I think you'll see a lot of guys defer at first. Why give up any seniority to come an be at the bottom of AA. When they get some people below them, then they can just undefer.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back