• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA Pilots, rumor control

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Very good points, but I will say that any AA pilot talking about striking is a little funny. The NMB has little tolerance for the APA after the Lloyd years and Bates has a huge mountain to climb to turn the ship around. I think he's on his way (not so sure about the Board and the pilot group), but it will not happen quickly. Just IMHO.

The Nmb is comprised of 3 presidential appointees, a director and 2 chairmen, each of whom have a CA - confidential assistant.
Don't know if the lower mediators turn over completely as well, but my understanding is that each admin puts their stamp on it- and being such a small board does turn over every election. Which is pretty much the reason our unions urge us to vote dem for president- so unless Lloyd has managed to piss off Harry Hoglander, Linda Puchala, and Elizabeth Dougherty in the past 2 years- the APA should have got a fresh start w/ Obama.

Never underestimate the politics of our business-

(unsolicited thread drift- I won't lecture on the merits of either party- but please realize the spot we're in- republican base is anti-union so their nmb's are unhelpful to say the least- and dems know we dont generally vote for them even as we militantly protect our union and cash our union checks- so they don't go out of their way to help us-

The benefit to a dem admin and Nmb is that they won't delay us and k
let us go through the RLA-

But they don't expedite as they do groups with broader support in their ranks- that's a benefit- but not as much as it could be if we weren't such contradictions

http://www.nmb.gov/directory/dirboard.html

Last edited:
thats great for eagle

over 824 in line for american 1 of 1 this time, all i need is for them to hire 500 off the street since i'm number 501 at eagle can you say, !!!!!!! wind check !!!!!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back