AA Mentor Program

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dc10freak

Hello guys Im currently a Captain for a regional airline in south florida and my goal has always been to fly with AA, I know that they are not hiring right now and probably wont for a while but Im just wondering if anyone out there has heard anything about AA having some sort of mentor program? and if theres any such thing, Is there any menber currently working at AA of course in the MIA/FLL area that could contact me for some information about the program? Thanks for your time and hope to hear from somebody soon.

goto work for eagle and you will have 400 or so "mentors" to fly with. some of them do not like aa (twa'ers).

dc10freak said:
Hello guys Im currently a Captain for a regional airline in south florida and my goal has always been to fly with AA, I know that they are not hiring right now and probably wont for a while but Im just wondering if anyone out there has heard anything about AA having some sort of mentor program? and if theres any such thing, Is there any menber currently working at AA of course in the MIA/FLL area that could contact me for some information about the program? Thanks for your time and hope to hear from somebody soon.

I will be your mentor. I dont work for AA but I will still mentor you. All I ask is that you come over to my house once a week. We can talk airplane talk and good CRM skills. Then after the 10 minute chat you can cut my grass and wash my cars. The yard is just over an acre, so it shouldnt take but a few hours. After that you can take a dip in the pool to cool off. While you are at the pool you can clean it as well. Just do this for me for the next 5-10 years and when AA starts to hire, I will write you one heck of a recommendation.

( all this is just in fun.....good luck)

skiandsurf said:
I will be your mentor. I dont work for AA but I will still mentor you. All I ask is that you come over to my house once a week. We can talk airplane talk and good CRM skills. Then after the 10 minute chat you can cut my grass and wash my cars. The yard is just over an acre, so it shouldnt take but a few hours. After that you can take a dip in the pool to cool off. While you are at the pool you can clean it as well. Just do this for me for the next 5-10 years and when AA starts to hire, I will write you one heck of a recommendation.

Did you just say you'll talk CRM skills? Wow, what a tool.

dc10freak said:

http://www.aapilots.com/public/flash/mentoring.asp

Try the above link. Don't know when it was last updated.

Hey, I'll be you're mentor. Here's my first tip:

"Run Forrest, Run!"

This site is also pretty good. If there is any recall action, it'll be in here or USA Today. I'm MIA based and live in the Treasure Coast so if we ever start hiring, we can meet, you can buy me lots of beer and I'll see what I can do. "Caution, Caution", the last guy I sponserd got hired by...Southwest!

Unit
Oh for one

skiandsurf said:

I thought it was quite funny. In case you have not noticed there are several tools on this board who take all this stuff and themselves WAAAAAY too seriously.

PS you have offered you apprentice a beer.

Flame

dc10freak said:

First or second post. "Captain" in South Florida, with 1900 as type rating in profile.

Nice try to get us all stirred up.

dc10freak

In 1973 I wanted to be an AA pilot. I got my FE ticket on the 707-351 at the academy. They wouldn't hire me. Fast forward to 2001. AA buys TWA, whom I worked for as a captain. They, AMR/ALPA/APA, screw the TWA employee's. 2006, unless you are under the age of 25, you don't stand much of a chance at AA until 2020. Find yourself a decent company to work for... you know, do you want fries with that? Get out of the airline business, get an MBA and then go screw the workers out of their livelyhoods. Retire rich in Idaho... no minorities to speak of, clean water, air and dirt. Die at 95.

Latest resources

Back