Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA may lose operating certificate in Feb....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jet Blue is not as important as you think. Their terminal would be nice, but it would need extensive upgrades.

ALK is very important to DAL. That is where the food fight will be. AAI will be next.
Fine by me. Here's to being unimportant!! :beer:

The yields on the markets that Jet Blue serves are not that good. Buy them to get rid of competition and WN comes in and draws down the yields again. Kind of pointless. Better to deal with one competitor that is established than to buy them and start dealing with a different one.

The terminal does not fit our needs. Not T-8 does! ;)

Please keep telling your management that so I don't get stapled (best case scenario) in any kind of acquisition.
Pssst...those are pretty bold statements. ;)

Rumor #1:

Big shake up in AA upper managment going on. There is a possibility (threat from the FAA) that AA will loose their operating certificate by February.

B. R. has done enough with destroying documents, the S80 debacle, Accidents and Incidents relating to AA maintenance. Either he leaves or AA will incur a huge fine and soon. Plus all Chiefs want Mr. Hetterman to leave.

I guess Eagle will take over after AA loses it's certificate. Didn't that happen to SwissAir with CrossAir taking over?

Please keep telling your management that so I don't get stapled (best case scenario) in any kind of acquisition.
Pssst...those are pretty bold statements. ;)

They are bold but true. The yields on FL markets have been killed since you guys started flying. There is no point in saturating the market. I guarantee if we bought you SWA would be doing every thing they could to under cut us. We have had a troubled past with the NYC to FL market. We now serve it enough to make it a money maker, but not enough to dilute it.

They are bold but true. The yields on FL markets have been killed since you guys started flying. There is no point in saturating the market. I guarantee if we bought you SWA would be doing every thing they could to under cut us. We have had a troubled past with the NYC to FL market. We now serve it enough to make it a money maker, but not enough to dilute it.

SWA has no slots at JFK, nor enough slots at LGA to do any obscene damage. However, having said that, I am not sure the DOJ/DOT would allow DAL to gain such a stranglehold on JFK and LGA.

Time will tell, but how did that saying go, Keep Delta your Delta! :)

Besides, we would all be the last to know, so we got that going for us, which is nice.

CR Smith is coming back.....you heard it here first.

APA is being disbanded, and the AA pilot group is being welcomed back to the ALPA fold like long, lost, family members...

Heard that here first too....

Latest resources

Back