• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

AA J/S rider writes about being on USAIR 1549

180ToTheMarker

12 months of October
Total Time
Wow...thanks for posting. The professionalism exhibited by this crew is amazing.

atrdriver

Living in Paradise
Total Time
5000+
Sounds like the USAPA did a pretty good job, contrary to what PCL and REZ are spewing.

CKJET

Total Time
lots~~
Very good info.... thanks

I hitched a ride on Usairways today and was told that the entire crew will be on the feild at the Super Bowl for the coin toss.

Thanks again for the ride ORD-PHL~~

Last edited:

Tejas-Jet

Total Time
enuf
Sounds like the USAPA did a pretty good job, contrary to what PCL and REZ are spewing.

Heck...I thought USAPA would've been out of money by now....at least that is what some would've had us believe awhile back.

~~~^~~~

Total Time
7,500+
Very good post.

Flybywire44

Flies With The Hat On
Total Time
Way to go USAPA. So the Captain got the logbook out of the airplane, but was he wearing his hat?! :smash:

Kudos to US1549 crew.

JoeMerchant

ASA pilot
Total Time
14000+
Way to go USAPA! Rez. and PCL_128 you can go whipe that egg off your face now....

BeCareful!

Total Time
Very impressed with what USAPA has created in such a short time: A real, effective organization that protects its members. This story proves it.

The silence from the usual FI.com detractors is deafening :)

Bringupthebird

Grumpy? Who-Me?
Total Time
She should be pleased with USAPA. They haven't destroyed her career or made her a laughingstock.

Yet.

pipe

fuggedaboutit
Total Time
Jumpseating in First Class. That must have been a weird experience for an AA pilot.

PIPE

get2flyin

Flyinawa!
Total Time
15k+
USAPA is using this accident to legitimize themselves. I think it's actually in pretty bad taste. They've been trying to ride Sulley's coat tails since that plane hit the water. If that would have been a West crew, they would have been trying spin it differently...about the lack of experience, how a "true" USAIR pilot would have made it back to LGA....pretty much anything that would help the company get the pilots fired. All things being equal, any orgainization skill they showed came from years of training with ALPA...(and I'm not a real fan of ALPA).

Rerouted

What Dream?
Total Time
4000+
Say what you want about USAPA, but they represented their pilots well and their pilots represented USAPA well. Very impressive all the way around.

dispatchguy

Dad is my favorite title
Total Time
NIL
Say what you want about USAPA, but they represented their pilots well and their pilots represented USAPA well. Very impressive all the way around.

Yeah, sounds like they earned their props on this one

gutshotdraw

ZERT Wilson CQB User
Total Time
The mechanic's sign-off was "could not duplicate.":rolleyes: