Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
9 to 7?

What a mandate!

Shut it down Gentleman. Time to merge with Parker. If not, watch the other carriers pick apart what's left.

9 to 7?

What a mandate!

Shut it down Gentleman. Time to merge with Parker. If not, watch the other carriers pick apart what's left.

It ain't like we have a lot of choice in the matter. Unsecured Creditors hold the reins.

TC

I admit, I have no idea what the new deal is...so I don't know.

If I was a AA pilot, I would have to look at both deals. The one from AA and the one from Parker and vote accordingly. But the MEC vote doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy.

Good luck guys.

Why on earth would you EVER trust AA management again to look out for your "best" interests? Just think about that question... They have been anti-pilot forever....

I say CLEAN HOUSE and merge with USAirways... Your airline will be stronger - and Parker is a better CEO (when he ain't drinking)...

Tell the AA HOSERS to get lost!

“Our advisers told the APA Board of Directors about the substantial downside risk associated with rejecting management’s final offer, including the legal ‘gray area’ that we would enter into if the court were to grant management’s request to abrogate our contract.

“At that point, we would be required to resume negotiations with the current management team. Negotiations could continue indefinitely as we exit bankruptcy and enter back into protracted Section 6 bargaining trying to renegotiate a CBA from an abrogated position.

“Our advisers have stated that management could exit Chapter 11 without labor agreements in place. Given AMR’s substantial cash balance, the airline may not need exit financing from any outside sources."

and so we as a society now encourage corporations to abrogate contracts and still retain ownership, that was the whole point of bankruptcy - you were supposed to lose control to the "free market" (a rather important check/balance)

in a reasonable world all airline pilots would just say no, banksters write the rules now

If I was a AA pilot, I would have to look at both deals. The one from AA and the one from Parker and vote accordingly. But the MEC vote doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy.

The MEC vote is a signal to the rank and file to vote it down. Likely by a wide margin. The 9 yes votes are not an endorsement of the offer.

As for a merger with US Airways, there is little that they bring to the table. Not cash, not routes, not even an airline that has completed its last merger.

and so we as a society now encourage corporations to abrogate contracts and still retain ownership, that was the whole point of bankruptcy - you were supposed to lose control to the "free market" (a rather important check/balance)

in a reasonable world all airline pilots would just say no, banksters write the rules now

Very insightful observation.

The Chrysler bankruptcy abrogated bondholder rights in favor of Chrysler employees, in direct violation of bankruptcy laws.

The banksters expect individuals to pay on underwater mortgages, yet they didn't blink an eye when Morgan Stanley defaulted on $6.5B in San Francisco office buildings. http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=aLYZhnfoXOSk
That was simply jingle mail on a different magnitude. I would encourage anyone deeply underwater to take the same action as Morgan Stanley.

Anything would be better than WHOREton and his HOSER management buddies at AA. I have several friends at AA who have languished for years as other contracts have improved.

AA used to be the best airline for pilots and now it is the opposite. How much money did Arpy leave with? Just vote NO - time for a change and real leadership - and a plan that makes sense...

While you're at it, vote Barry Obama out of office too. His lack of economic and energy plans threaten our industry as well. We need change!

Keep American My American.....

or my Favorite.....

"I'm cool to drive" D. Parker

Quotes from Delta history.

Latest resources

Back